...Until you have been to the Burnett/Oler Family Reunion.
I'm just sayin.
This was our 53rd consecutive family reunion.
We had it up at the Ranch in Montana & boy was it fun!
Let me take you through the journey of our trip to Montana...
freeway.
here we come Montana!
we needed a break.
this lead to all my jumping birthday pictures...
Montana scenery.
spinning...in the road..
the blessing of being in the country = slim/none traffic
k this story!
so we have just left this little town and are heading up to Twin Bridges.
After a long day at work...sitting.
And driving in a car for 5 hours...
I needed a break.
I was desperate.
The sunset was absolutely beautiful.
It was radiating beauty.
Literally.
As we are taking all these jumping pictures and me showing off the fact that I am turning 20 this blessed year, mom says, "Ann...go stand over there by that mile marker sign... :)"
Guess what it is...
MILE 20!
We could not have even planned that if we tried!
Anyway...random & fun. :)
the lil driver. :)
celebrating me being 20!
Which you have already seen in this post.
going through the cave with her.
watching some of these.
hanging out with these cute girls!
Tess. Alyssa. Sara.{Me}. Cosette.
our little family. :)
"That's what it's all about!"
Mom. Amanda. April. {Me}. Megan.
some more cousins!
Erin. Katie. Maddie. Kelton. {Me}.
Chatting with Shauna.
Emma and myself
Our family from Ghana! :)
p.s. I love them beyond words.
"like woah."
Stephen. Stephen Jr. Sonya. {Me}.
dinner?
Dancin' to "Oh Johnny Oh"
Virgina Reel
That is Jake in the orange = tallest
Sofie is in the pink and white stripes = one of the shortest
they danced together. :)
mom thought it was super cute (which it is.)
oh, and baby Sarah in Jakes front pack. :)
dancin with my cousin Clay
(who is the bomb{dot}com...and single p.s.)
my girls :)
they got stranded on the border of Idaho and Montana.
I happened to see & recognize them going 85 mph.
we stopped and hung out with Jake and Sarah for a couple hours while Jess (wife) road with a cop to town to get a mechanic.
I didn't think I would see anyone,
hence the no make-up, and lack of doing hair...
(I mean...we are just driving home right???)
yeah...jinxed myself.
but it's ok because I mean really...
look at that stinkin cute girl!
This is just the tip of the iceberg. To truly understand what a Burnett/Oler reunion is about...you really have to go to one. (And you are welcome to p.s.) There is always something to do, people to hang out with, games to play, and always always always...food to eat. (The best part right?!)
This is my Burnett/Oler family.
Well....most of us.
Some of us are:
serving missions.
living abroad.
working.
etc.
but we make it a point to get together every year.
every single year.
53 (going on 54) years.
it is a priority.
you plan your summer vacation around this reunion.
that is how important it is.
to all of us.
may I remind you that this is my extended family,
and we all are so close and know each other very well.
I walk away from this reunion wanting to be a better person
because they are some of theeee best people I know.
I love them all so much. Words can't even hardly describe. And I don't think all of them could even know. But it's true. I do. I love them with all my heart.
Can't wait for next year!
here
here





























4 comments:
wow! amazing reunion! it seems like you all had a blast! :D
p.s. i am a new follower. visit and maybe follow my blog too? thanks! :)
<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
Well it looks like you had a blast! I'm proud to say that I have been to at least one of those awesome reunions and, yes, they are very entertaining! Glad you made it safely!
I have to say that my favorite thing in the entire world is that your mom gets out of the car and puts her hands on her hips for a sassy picture with her awesome daughter. What a doll!
I happen to love all those people too! And especially YOU!! We do have fun don't we!!
Post a Comment