I should've seen the signs when I couldn't sleep, and I would lay in bed until 3am for 3 days thinking about him. What his day was like...what things he was looking forward to in the week, what it would be like to have him hold me again, to feel that security...what our future together would hold...at least hoping there was a future for us.
They say to make sure you tell people how you feel about them, because they day may come when they won't be there, when their tomorrow becomes eternity. That day came for me. They day of no tomorrow, where I no longer can tell him my feelings, how much i've missed him, still miss him, how much I have and always will love him.
Keltson Gene Blackburn died instantly in a car accident on October 11, 2008. He was doing everything expected of him. Going to church, spending every second with his family that he could before leaving on his mission, he was (is) a worthy priesthood holder. His life on earth was complete. He did what he needed to do. Heavenly Father has bigger, grander plans for him. Ones we can only dream about. What an amazing and valiant Son of God the Lord has with him at this time. But...then again....God already knew that.
This is the hardest thing I have ever had to face. Ever. I prayed to Heavenly Father today asking him to never make me go through this again...at least not for a very long time. It was one thing when my grandma passed away, when my parents got a divorce, when I had to move away from one life and find myself a new one, even when my grandpa died earlier this year. But when, in your lifetime, someone dies by accident, is your age, that you had a close relationship with, that you loved, and you both could see yourselves making a family together, spending eternity together........that is an entirely different kind of hurt.
I vow, from this day forward, that whenever I am thinking about somone, or feel the urgency to tell someone "i love you" I will do so. Mark my words. I will never feel this regret of not letting someone be reassured of my feelings and genuine care for them.
Keltson, I hope you know that I love you. I always have. I always will. You have touched my life in ways no one else has. You meant more to me than you could ever know. One night you told me "..babe, I just hope with everything I have, that you enjoy being with me as much as I love being with you..." I pray, with all my heart, that I reciprocated those words to you. I hope that I did what I could for you. I hope that I genuinely made you happy. You are THE most amazing young man I have ever known. The people in heaven are lucky to have you as their teacher. This is why the bishop told you "where you're needed, you aren't needed yet." God was preparing you for just this. You are my sunshine -- not a day goes by I don't think of you. When I die and go to heaven, if I am married or not, I will find you, give you a big hug, and tell you the impact you have had on my life. These words I can reciprocate to you as well "...from the first moment I saw you, I knew you were special, and that is the last I have seen of my heart."
When I look up at the stars, the sky, the heavens above, you will be in my thoughts. I could never, and will never forget you. Keltson Gene Blackburn, if you didn't already know, I love you.
"Because I knew you, I have been changed for good."



9 comments:
I love you! I am sorry you're hurting. I wish I could do something for you. Rich and I will always be here for you. You're amazing. Love you forever, like you for always, as long as I have you, My Andi you'll be!
You are such a beautiful person. Thank you for letting me be a part of your life. I love you!
Oh Andrea, I'm so sorry for your pain. I love you. You are in our prayers.
My name is Cortney and I am friends with Rose. I was reading her blog which led me to yours. Although I don't know you, I would just like to say that I can tell that you are a very strong and incredible person. I can't imagine what you are going through but I just wanted to say you are in my prayers and I also wanted to thank you for sharing what you did. You words were very touching.
The Lord gives us trials so that we can grow from them... it seems like you are already way beyond most of us spiritually. I'm amazed at the words you have written. You are an amazing person. I'm sorry that you have to go through this trial but I know that you will only grow even more from it. You have such a wonderful knowledge of the gospel and the Lords plan for you. Thank you for sharing with us your eternal perspective.
I love you!
Andrea,
I have tears in my eyes. I am so sorry that you have to go through this kind of loss- and so unexpected. You are strong and have a strong testimony so I know you will come through this trial on top. Thank you for your example to those around you. I have always admired you. I will keep you in my prayers.
I am so sorry for your loss. He must have been really special for you to love him so much. The things you said are true about his continued mission, but it doesn't make it any easier. I'm here if you ever need me.
Andrea, This is Laura Hill from the ward. I just found your blog and this post. I hope you don't mind but I have to post a comment. Very few people know what I'm about to tell you but I'm want to share in hopes that it will help you some how.
First of all, I am so sorry to hear about Keltson. No matter how much your head understand, your heart still hurts. You are a wonderful young woman with a beautiful spirit and the Lord will help you through this. I know because he helped me through my trial many years ago.
When I was in my early 20's I was engaged to a wonderful, handsome, recently returned missionary. His name was Brad. He was going to school at Weber St. during the day and working at a gas station on the graveyard shift. One night there was a robbery and he was killed. I won't go into details here but ask me sometime and I will tell you the whole story.
You are much stronger in the gospel than I was when I was going through this. Just keep doing what you're doing. Lean on your family and friends and of course, the Lord. My thoughts and prayers and love are with you!
Oh my Goodness Andrea. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. You kept emphasizing that you weren't comparing your loss to my loss, but I don't care what kind of loss it is, a loss is a loss, and death STINKS no matter the situation. But you are right, it does feel more difficult when it comes as an accident, a tragedy to someone you have a close relationship with who you LOVE. I have learned, if I have the desire to talk about James, or if the conversation so relates to him, I will talk about him. I will not be ashamed for loving him and having the desire to keep him a part of my life and daily conversations. May God bless you through your heart ache. Much love,
Michelle
Post a Comment