Monday, November 22, 2010

Monday Morning

I am driving to school this morning,
coming up the hill to the boulevard where my school sits,
waiting patiently for the light to turn green so the stream of left-turners can make their way north.

During that wait,
the white Jimmy in front of me decides to pull out into the lane next to us.

But wait.

He has no traction.

zip.
zero.
zilch.
nada.

His one wheel was spinning out of control,
but he wasn't moving anywhere. 

I was so worried that he was going to fall right back down the hill,
...and into me.

The traveling cars in those two lanes weren't aware really of the situation and were driving around him.
I felt really bad for little Jimmy.
And scared.

no more accidents this year for Andrea please. 



I hope all of your winter driving is safe!

2 comments:

Jess said...

You had me worried there for a sec...I thought maybe you did get in another accident!
That was a nail-bitter...

Unknown said...

Yes, please be safe! Accidents are no bueno. Plus, your car is much too pretty to be smashed.