Tuesday, August 31, 2010

What have I been up to?

oh you mean besides:
learning a new city?
starting in a new church?
starting at a new branch?
starting a new school?

i totaled my car.

fantastic i know.

i was the first accident at this new intersection.
it had been open for 2 days.
(go me.)
in fact - it has been my only accident ever.
everyone was so nice to me about the whole thing.
the paramedics were joking with me.
so were the po po.
the insurance people gave me 2 giftcards to help me out.
the auto shop was phenomenal.
they let me use a loaner car until the could finish assessing the damages.
aka until they could let me know my car was totaled.

thank you Shine Collision Repair!
blessing to me you were.

besides some whiplash, bruises, and friction burns,
i am doing just fine.
my back still hurts quite a bit however.
hopefully in time that will change.

im debating on whether or not to post pictures of my totaled car...
maybe i'll show you what i saw when i opened my eyes.
or, i might just show you the new car i bought instead.



it's been a tender mercy though.
in all honesty.
my car was getting to be 11 years old,
and would start needing a lot of work done.

and it's been an excuse to see my mom so much! ;)
if it weren't for her, my sanity would be long gone.

well here is my new car. :)
3 things i said i wanted in my next car
(that i've been saying for like over a year)
tinted windows.
sunroof.
alloy wheels.

guess what?
got all 3.
yeah im lucky like that. :)





i hope you have been doing well.
and driving safe. :)

7 comments:

Shauna said...

Wow. Glad you're safe! How scary! I dig the new car though :-)

Unknown said...

Dang, girl! Way to start the new school year off. :) I'm glad to hear you're doing okay. You new car is a beaut!

Brian and Kim said...

I am so glad you are ok!! I hope you feel better soon too. Miss seeing you around young one. Enjoy that new car!

Sonja said...

Wow! That's one crazy story, glad to hear you're okay and owning a brand new shiny car!
I myself have yet to get a drivers license hahaha, living downtown in a city means you can put that off for years :oS ...bad bad bad! hehe
Anyway, thanks so much for your comment!
Drive safe! :o)

Mandy said...

I am so glad you are safe! And way to be positive in spite of such a sad thing.

Your new car is rocking!

Diana said...

Love it when those silver linings come in the shape of a new car!!! And of course, more than anything, I'm so glad you are ok. Phew!

Shahny said...

Fun! I've been dying to get a new car :)