Oh my, I have hardly documented our first year of marriage. But goodness we have had some good times!
I have never been one to cry often. Yes, I cry during movies, when my hormones are all over the place with the time of the month, or when something tragic happens. But all of a sudden when I got married I didn't have to be "Miss, Keep-it-together--be-independent--you-gotta-be-strong--suck-it-up-you-can't-have-weaknesses," anymore. It was a like a light switch flipped and I had someone to protect me and I could be vulnerable, I don't always have to be strong.
And the even cooler thing, neither does he!
Jeffrey has been such a rock this past year. I have made some courageous decisions to better our marriage. I have even had my first ever panic attack. He has seen me at my most vulnerable moments and he loves me even more.
Year #2 is already starting off at full force. We had our house for sale, and within 2 days it was under contract... we still have yet to find a house.
I'm grateful for the adventures we have ahead. And I am even more grateful that this handsome fella is who I get to experience them all with.

1 comment:
I love this. And I also love that I can truly relate now. Brady has seen my (unfortunately) many panic attacks, and they're not pretty, but there isn't anyone else in the entire world that I would want to help me, than my husband. Marriage is the best. Congrats on making it through year 1!! :)
Post a Comment