Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Just like a plant


Simplify: to reduce to basic essentials

If you have read my blog before you have seen my personal goal to simplify my lifestyle. I love this definition of "simplify." 

Recently I have taken up the hobby of gardening. I absolutely love it and get so much joy out of it. Plants are very simple. The need water, sun, soil with nutrients and a little space. They grow, occasionally need trimming and flourish with these basic necessities.

Jeff and I have tried to be healthy since we have gotten engaged and married. We work out most days of the week, eat mostly fresh and un-processed foods, clean our home regularly and constantly remove clutter from our life.

Like plants, we do this so we can grow, trim the "unnecessaries" from our life, and flourish with the stronger versions of ourselves. We still have a long way to go and this lifestyle is always a work in progress, but I feel so much better about myself and my life. I feel more confident and more relaxed since these goals and boundaries have been set.

No comments: