One day I will find someone who loves my random jaunts in conversation.
One day I have someone who will leave little notes around the house or in my purse saying, "I love you."
One day I will have someone who will enjoy being around me because they love the fool in me.
One day I will share as many hugs as I want with someone who fits perfectly in my arms.
One day I will lay in bed talking with him about our life together.
One day I will be sealed for eternity to my sweetheart and best friend.
I am so excited to be able to reciprocate these things and more to my future certain someone. That is my favorite part about relationships, not just the bf/gf or man and wife kind, but in general. The giving part. The "doing" of things that make them happy because that makes you feel good they are happy. The "doing" because it makes your relationship grow, and your trust in each other deepen.
"love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get - only what you are expecting to give - which is everything. what you will receive in return varies. but it really has no connection with what you give. you give because you love and cannot help giving." -katharine hepburn
For those of you that have found that someone, I hope you enjoy every little aspect of your relationship. I hope you tell them you love, and love the things that make up them, often.
Hug them a little bit longer today, kiss them a little harder today. You have found your special someone. :)
Note: This post was a little hard to type because it makes me feel vulnerable and insecure. I guess that is what a journal is for...?
1 comment:
I love the way you look at the world! You are so sweet, and have this amazing talent for putting things in perspective.
Post a Comment