Thursday, July 14, 2011

Analogy

I had a co-worker once use this analogy on what he thought of me and another co-worker.

He explained that our other co worker was a hug rock, surrounded by only a little bit of water. Meaning that she kept a lot of things very much locked up and only a little was available to the outside world.

He then explained that I was a pebble with a lot of very clear water surrounding it. Meaning that a lot of my life, thoughts, etc is shared and very little is locked up for just me.

At first I thought this was an insult, because anything and everything for this co-worker is (and those of you from work that read my blog, you know it is CJ haha! oh that kid..) And for those that don't know this co-worker, he is just a goofball who loves to push buttons. In fact our manager...about a year ago...bought me a foam hammer to use on him when he was being a butt. But he is very good at what he does and is super smart.

Anyway, back to the analogy.
After thinking more about that statement...it is actually very true!
I am a very talkative person that does not mind sharing things about her day, talking about hardships, or the gospel (when appropriate). My life is really an open book -- hence the address to my blog "andreasopenbook." There are only select things that are locked up , or that are untouchable like the inside of a pebble, and you got a glimpse into that yesterday. Those feelings of love and wanting to be loved make me feel extremely vulnerable and...not worthless...but when I declare them, they hinder my confidence as an independent woman.

That is a really neat conclusion I have come to and I am really proud of that realization actually.

No comments: