Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I AM SO BLESSED!


A few months ago I got a text from the LDS Institute saying that I was nominated to be on the council for the Institute at my college. Well, I set up an interview, filled out the paperwork, and met with the board. And it went really well I thought!

That was back in February, and I hadn't heard anything since then. I didn’t completely give up hope, but I started to wonder if it wasn’t going to work out. I was praying quite often and telling the Lord, "I'm just saying, that if you place me in this calling, I will have no reservations and accept. I'm just sayin'!"

Well I got a phone call a couple Sunday's ago (but since I was in meetings in the morning when it came in, it went to voice mail) and remembered it during one of the hymns in church. I dashed out to listen as soon as one of the hymns ended. I was giving a prayer that night at the fireside and thought I should hurry and listen to the message to make sure it wasn’t information that had changed for that night. Anyway, long story short – I was talking to the executive secretary to one of the stake presidents (who is over the institute council as well as the number of wards in that area by campus) and he wanted to set up an appointment with me to meet with the stake pres. 

So I set up the appointment for Tuesday evening. I had a slight inkling and huge smile on my face for what the meeting could be about…but still I tried not to get my hopes up. After all, it has been 2 months since I even had the interview.


Stay tunned for the next part to this story... 

No comments: