Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Remember My Surprise?!

You know?
The one I mention last week?
Well....I can tell you what it is now!! :)

So you may know that I am moving to a university. :)
So that means I am moving out
(yes for the first time.)
And everything has just seemed to fall into place.
I seriously could not be more blessed.
Being accepted.
Living arrangements.
Scholarship.
Registering for classes needed/wanted.
Transferring an Associates Degree.
Starting as a junior.

The one hang up?
A job.

My employer has known for months that I would be moving.
We have an office in the city that I am moving to & I asked if I could transfer.
But since that branch is slower and smaller,
that was a no-go.
She was sad to be seeing me leave & kept hinting at the U since it is still in the valley & that would allow me to still work for them.
She was so funny about it. :)

Well one day after work, mom & I headed north to drive around the neighboring towns to see possible places of employment.
I jotted down 20+ possible places.
I just needed finishing touches on my resume & to send it out.
Mom and I had been talking about it frequently.
Then all of a sudden...
the subject got put on the back burner.

I know my mom.
This was a test of my "adulthood."
Would I push through & take the initiative to send the resumes,
without her saying anything.

I had a slight overwhelming/possible meltdown a couple days later.
A Sunday afternoon actually.
Mom had said, "I am not saying anything, but stop worrying. Just hang in there."
Umm....WHAT????
I don't have a job in a couple weeks.
aka ---> "steady income" - what is that???
"Don't worry about it???" 
Mom...you are crazy.

Well being the "obedient" daughter that I am...
I chilled.
I just kept doin my thing.

Last week I was approached by my boss.
Who is freakin awesome
(no joke)
She asked if I had a minute.
Sure!
We walked into one of the other VP's offices & chatted for a bit.

The subject came up about a position opening,
at a branch,
in the town im moving to.
:)
I tried really hard not to smile because I thought I knew where the conversation was heading.
I was screaming in my head, "Hurry and spit it out so I can totally release this smile!! Please!"

"Andrea, we wanted to know if you would be interested in the position in _____?"
**Que smile :D**
YES YES YES!!

It is official!!
I drove up this morning
(at 6 a.m. bleh)
& worked it all out with the Branch Manager,
and it's a GO!

Relieve much Andrea???
Ooooohhhhhh yes!

I know this is going to be a change.
A big one.
First time moving out always is.
I am going to be scared and overwhelmed, I know.
However, I am excited, thrilled, and really very proud of myself for taking this next step.
By myself.
With my mom and Heavenly Father having my back.
Tears will be shed many times over the next couple weeks.
Stress tears.
Sad tears.
Happy tears.
Combo's-of-all tears.
But it's going to be great.
An adventure.
Everything has fallen into place so nicely.
I honestly could not have planned it any better if I tried.
We will see what is in store for me as this chapter unfolds. :)

I hope you'll follow along for this new journey. :)

4 comments:

Brian and Kim said...

Fantastic!!! I am so happy for you. I am going to miss that adorable smile and sweetness that surrounds you. Keep blogging while you are at school. I'll follow religously. MWAH!!

Jess said...

YAYAYAYAYAY!!!! Go bff! I'm so excited for you. It is going to be so so much fun!

Shahny said...

Awesome! I'm glad that things worked out for you. Even though the first time I moved out was when I got married, its AWWWWWmazing! I love it sooo very much! You will be fine :)

Marie said...

Yay!:D Too many good news!:D Congratulations!:D

http://allthingsmarie.blogspot.com/
Beauty. Fashion. Interior Design.
& Life According to Marie.