In Utah, on the 24th of July, we celebrate Pioneer Day.
So most places are closed.
(Part-ay!)
Mom asked if we should just stay in the valley and do different things
OR
go somewhere.
We looked into
Jackson Hole, Yellowstone, Island Park, San Diego.
Everything was book or too expensive.
So we went to Little America Wyoming!
We took our time getting up there Friday.
We stopped in PC to do some shopping & found some fantastic deals!
Went to dinner at the restaurant 7 window shopped at the little store in the hotel.
I did some finishing up of a project for my psych class
(I know right?? Homework on vacation! Whaaa??)
Saturday we slept in. Got ready.
Grabbed some breakfast at the convenient store restaurant.
Drove to Rock Springs where we drove around town.
I showed her where one of old branches used to be, & where our new one is.
We went to a craft store. Had lunch at a cute little 50's burger joint.
Drove home where a lady on the road was purposely pissing me off
(Nathan can vouch for me. I wont even go into it..)
We vegged the rest of the afternoon & evening.
We made our cards.
Watched movies.
4 to be exact.
Sherlock Holmes.
Blindside.
Miss Congeniality 2.
Breakfast at Tiffany's.
Well...and NCIS. (We love that show.)
In between the movies we wanted a snack. We had eaten a late and heavy lunch so we didn't eat dinner. We walked down to the convenient store to grab some lunch meat, crackers, and cheese. I don't think I have a memory of every "stopping traffic." And by that I mean where people stop wherever you are at and just look at you. Never has that happened. Until....Saturday at the Little America convenient store. All of the people there stopped and watched us. We must have had "We are city ladies!" and "We are not truckers!" flashing as a neon sign all over our bodies. I didn't think we stood out that much, if at all, but...apparently we did. And bad.
Yeah...we know we're hott. :)
Sunday we were twins!
We wore our matching Old Navy shirts.
We stopped through my new college city where I will be living.
(Exciting yeah? :) )
And timed how long it will take me to drive from point A to point B etc.
And also stopped by my good friend Leslie's house.
Thanks mom for a fun vacation!
I know it will be the last one for the summer,
and our last big thing together for a little while.
I want you to know how much I love you.
Not only as my mom,
but as my best friend.
We make such a great team.
Always have.
Always will.
This is going to be a difficult transition for the both of us.
But we will always be inseparable in spirit.
I love you mom.
With all my heart.












1 comment:
You and your mom are so cute! Holy Hannah!
Post a Comment