Wednesday, November 4, 2009

W.S.U.

I came from my night class the other night with mail from Weber State University -- I am accepted next fall will become a Weber Wildcat. :)



I went up to WSU with my friend Leslie today to attend a Major Fair, however, it was for high school students. So...why we got the information to go, we have no idea. Haha. Good thing it was beneficial though! Les and I had decided we wanted to pursue degrees in Gerontology and were anxious to go and talk to some educators in that field. I have been so excited to possibly get accepted to Weber and to pursue my degree in Gerontology - I have been planning for it and researching the field since March. The latest news ---> Geronotolgy is no longer offered as a Major!! Awesome. So now the hunt is on again to find a major. I am thinking Health Administration now... That particular booth caught my eye and the guy I talked to was very helpful. As far as a minor is concerned...I am still debating. Nutrition, Exercise Science (motivation to get and keep in shape haha), Photography, Interior Design. These are the possiblities swimming in my head.

I am pretty certain I am going to attend Weber next fall. It is just difficult to change my mindset from Gerontology, something that has felt so right all year, to having to choose something else. They say on average students change their major 7 times.....I am on #8. :)

Now it is back to praying and researching....

If you have read all this thought spill-age -- what is your input? Have you attended college? Where did you go? What did you decide to major/minor in? Is that what you ending up finishing? I hope to get some feedback (even if I don't know you and you are just blog surfing, you are welcome to leave a comment). Who knows, maybe it will help put my mind at ease. :)

3 comments:

Colette said...

Yeah!! Congrats on getting accepted to W.S.U. (when I 1st saw your title..I got all excited & thought that you were heading up here to Washington State University...darn it) Weber will be fun though.
I went to Ricks and then UVSC I was planning on doing elementary education ever since I was a kid, however I never finished..and couldn't ever see myself teaching. I would do something totally different if I ever go back. Good luck whatever you decide to do I know you'll be great at...that's just the kind of person you are.

emily said...

oh andy i am so proud of you! but i too have changed my major and i don't know where i am going next fall. i feel like i am a senior in high school..

Wendi said...

You should be a teacher. Weber has a good education dept. A secondary teacher though, not elementary. And (as I think you know) my majors went Chemistry, Architecture, Graphic Design, then finally Art History. Anyway, the U has Gerontology, so if that's what you really want to go into you should go to the U.

I wish I didn't have to get on your blog every few months to get caught up on your life :(