



Our first port was in Nice & Cannes. (Wow...I could so move there). Our first stop was at the Perfume Factory. Here is where the perfume scent-of-the-year is born. They then sell that fragrance to the market and every perfume made that year is based from this one from the factory, each company puts their own twist on it. Last year they worked with cinnamon -- any guesses for this years smell?? Cranberry! Cool huh? We also got tested to see if were a "Nose." The "Nose" is someone who can differentiate between 200+ scents. Apparently we were not "Nose's"....but I want to try again!









By this time on our vacation, mom and I were pretty much "history-ied" out, so when our tour guide gave us the option to go visit old town Cannes or go shopping, we took one look at each other and decided...shopping. We bought some fun tops and skirts. We were happy campers. :)
An hour and a half later, we met the rest of the tour group for lunch. We sat with some charming people (what am I saying...everyone we sat with at any meal was charming) -- but they really were. :) After lunch we got back on the bus and drove through town a bit to go visit this little village. And ya know...it is really incredible how those bus drivers maneuver those huge buses on those tiny streets! Holy canolie! Anyway -- we did the same thing in the village -- shopping. France isn't really known for their history, (that was Italy) they are more known for their shopping in our opinion. Plus, French style is very much Andrea's style. :) (Did I mention that I could move there and be content?)
















recognize this? :)




first one!



The days were very long and very full so on the bus rides home...we were pretty tuckered haha! (I finally remember to bring my glasses and stuff to put my contacts in because it is not very comfortable falling asleep with those things in.) I noticed on the way to the tour bus from the little fairy boat all the tour stickers on the railing & knew that I wanted to leave our mark as well! So I took both mine & mom's stickers and stuck them on!
my mom...that lil stinker...






This night was also our last formal night. As we are sitting there at dinner with a couple from the states, we are tapped and hear familiar voices. Who was it? Cecelia & Tony! They told us they had been thinking about us, told our other friend Joyce that they wanted to get together and have dinner for the last night together! So we swapped room numbers and I made the reservation! We were so excited! Speaking of Joyce, I hadn't seen her since our day in Rome and I really wanted to touch base with her and just say hi and give her my info so we could keep in contact. Now, thinking that the front desk wouldn't just hand over her room number, I decided that I would just write her a little note & ask them to give it to her. As I am standing in the line for about 10 minutes, I am the second person away from the counter & I hear yet another hello & familiar voice. Who is it? Joyce! I told her, "You are the reason I am standing here! I am so glad you saw me!" We talked there for a bit, swapped information, & told her we were meeting Cecelia & Tony for the show later that night and to see if she, her mom & sister could come too! She did. :)





(we could not get our water warm for a shower. so in order to kinda get the bathroom heated up...i had to use a blow dryer. we had to document.) oh and that is my dress unzipped partway in the back. i promise I would never buy a dress that revealed my back like that. just for the record.)
The last of the cruise next?
Sure. :(
Sure. :(








1 comment:
You are so funny Andi! I've loved looking at your blog in all these "parts" of your cruise! It looks like it was a trip of a lifetime!
Post a Comment