Saturday, June 12, 2010

Cruise Part 6

San Tropet!






Our last day...how sad. :( So it is a good thing we loved it!

We started off with our delicious breakfast, then on to the buses for our excursions! We went on little tours through San Tropet & into a historic church. Can you guess what we did most of the rest of the time?
Did you guess???
Oh that's right. We shopped! 
We also got a French croissants and more gelato. 
Shocker right? ;) 
Wrote "I [heart] France" in the sand.
Gorgeous scenery.
 Open Air Market.
People thought we were French & tried speaking to us in French...umm..."Anglais s'il vous plaĆ®t?" We felt pretty lame for sure.























































































Do you know how much it costs to rent a yacht in San Tropet? 170K...for the week. (Do you know what I could do with that much money??? And they use it for a vacation. Oh what a way to live.) It is important to be seen eating on your yacht. 

We had lunch in San Tropet at this very lovely restaurant. I don't remember the name, but it's initials were "AM." I tried carbonated water....bleh. Holy disgusting. The rest of the food was alright, not my favorite, but alright.

We got to see the Little Venice of France (and I liked it a lot by the way). Walked around & just enjoyed being there. We bought a couple pieces of jewelry to finish off our euro's (so we wouldn't have to bring them home). 























































France...Oh how I loved you 
& can't wait to return..


Remember how we made plans with Tony & Cecelia? Well once we got back to the ship, we settled our bill, went up to the library to check in online, & the captain comes on the intercom. "Ladies & Gentlemen, just wanted to let you know that we will be heading into some rough seas. Please be careful, grab on to the railings if needed." Yeah...."rough" was the word! We hurried up to our rooms to put the patches on & freshen up for dinner. Sat through about half of dinner and I had to leave (so did mom, but I'm more bold with not feeling good and having to leave a group of people haha) so we left (sadly :() and i walked right up to the courtesy desk (cut in front of everyone) and said that i needed sea sick pills right now. He did not hesitate to give them to me either! We went back up to the rooms; I laid down till about 10:10pm. Our big luggage had to be outside our rooms at 11 pm & I knew that I could not leave my mom to do the packing for me, or vice versa, so we just hurried as fast as we could. Luckily we had been really good about putting our dirty clothes away & keeping toiletries in their bags so it wasn't too difficult. It even got to the point where I said, "Ya know what? If it doesn't go in the checked bags, and doesn't fit in any of my carry-on's, then it stays." Basically....I just really wanted to go to bed. 







The next morning we were totally fine. :) Got up, felt wonderful, finished packing, ate, and back to the states we went!


Oh! In the JFK airport....we almost witnessed a riot! People pushing & shoving -- I guess when you are cooped up on a plane for 9+ hours...you get a little uptight??? Who knew?! Yeah it was awesome. We had a 5 hour layover and it was perfect. We had to go through & get our passports stamped, reclaimed our luggage, re-checked our luggage, went through security, and got some Burger King (never again p.s.) & found our gate and 5 hours was the right amount of time to do all of that. We made it home & our driver, Vic, was there waiting for us. He had tracked our flight & knew right were to come. We were never so relieved as to hear "Hi Margaret and Andrea!" and to see his face. :)





*Mom and I are the best of friends. We have always been two peas in a pod, a duo, a pair -- I loved traveling with her. We had so much fun and have a whole suitcase full of memories (and photo album full of them too) that we can treasure always. I love my mom so much, and am grateful to have shared these travel experiences with her.*


Till next time...

1 comment:

Jill Britt said...

Ok, so San Tropet is now definitely on my list of places that I want to go! I must've missed these pictures when you were posting to FB. They're gorgeous! And I love that ya'll just HAD to spend the rest of the euros! LOL!