Sunday, June 6, 2010

Cruise Part 3

Rome anyone? Yes please!





I loved Rome sooo much! I would love to go back. We got to see the Trevi  Fountain which was absolutely stunning. We were just walking down one of the streets, turned a corner, and wha-bam(!) there it is! We did the traditional coin toss -- so we return to the Eternal City and find true love. :)




We had these radio's so we could hear the tour guides.


We were so excited to be in Rome!!!!






Wishes!!









my new friend Joyce -- love her!



the cutest engaged couple from England. they were absolutely adorable together :)

We then strolled to the Colosseum which was surprisingly bigger than I though, and it really was one of the coolest things to see. Mom loved it!











Lavinia (our escort) and Daniel (our tour guide) -- they really were the best! Lavinia was absolutely a doll -- so sweet, gorgeous, and personable! And Daniel was all of that, and very attractive :)





lunch with our friends! in order for all of us to sit together, I had to sit on the railing. haha yeah the italian waters didn't like that too much that I made an extra spot...


do you see that lady behind the silver car? she is a gypsy. our tour guide, Daniel, told us to watch our purses and bags. 



The University

We also went to The Vatican -- did you know that it is in it's own city...Vatican City (yeah I didn't know that). Unfortunately we didn't get to see the Sistine Chapel. I was very sad about that. Apparently the Sistine Chapel is only open one day a month, and that day was not when we were there. Well....looks like i'll have to go back! (Twist my arm! ;) )

Vatican City!



all the Pope's are burried under here



you can actually be married here in The Vatican!


an actual pope



Swiss guards -- outifits designed by Michaelangelo...and the are still worn. Lol!




That night after dinner we went to the Ice Show (yeah, a ice rink ON the ship.) It was a really good show and super fun!










1 comment:

Brian and Kim said...

Ok, I have to go!! (not potty;)) I am in need of a trip to Europe. Brian's family introduced me to cruizing, the only way to travel. I can't wait for Brian and I to get to do something like this.

I'm so happy for you and your mom. What a great trip!!!