Friday, April 23, 2010

Michael Buble!

What a concert!!! Best concert of my life! Without question! I loved it! He is such an amazing performer. His voice is amazing and he loves to make the crowd feel comfortable. He said, "this is your night! if you want to dance -- dance. If you want to sing -- sing with me. you paid good money to be here and I  want you to get your money's worth!" And I for SURE got my money's worth!














His opening act, Naturally 7, was just as amazing as he was. They are completely acapella and do "vocal play" -- they make their voices sounds like instruments. They were amazing. And when I got to meet them afterwards, they were just as nice as can be (on the inside and out!) I love darker men (maybe because I am so fair skinned..?) and to be surround by 6 good looking chocolate men was wonderful! ;) I had forgot to get cash before leaving the concert so I had to peruse the E-Center to find an ATM. Luckily I found one! By this time I was one of the last people there. When I was waiting to get their autographs I had asked one of the guys if I could get a picture with him so I wouldn't take up too much time. And since I was at the end of the line, he said if I wanted to wait a minute, they would all jump in the picture with me. OK!! 







Yeah...his arms were that amazing.
The guy in the red was my fav. :)

Michael Buble started his concert with Cry Me A River which was perfect because if you have heard the first part of that song, the music is extremely powerful and a perfect way to start a show!



























Half way through the concert he broke away from the stage and in the middle of the arena (directly in front of where our seats were!) the had created this mini stage so he could be a part of the back half of the audience. AH!! I was freakin out! It was so cool! He sang, Home, and yes...those are the gorgeous men of Naturally 7 accompanying him. :)



One of my favorite things about this concert was Michael's closing song. It is tradition that when he closes a concert he sings this particular song, A Song For You,
"A Song For You"

I've been so many places in my life and time
I've sung a lot of songs, I've made some bad rhyme
I've acted out my life in stages with ten thousand people watching
But we're alone now and I'm singing this song for you
I know your image of me is what I hope to be, I've treated you unkindly
But girl can't you see, there's no one more important to me
So darling can't you please see through me, 'cause we're alone now
And I'm singing my song for you, you taught me precious secrets
The truth with holding nothing, you came out in front
And I was hiding, oh, but now I'm so much better,
So if my words don't come together, listen to the melody
'Cause my love is in there hiding
I love you in a place where there is no space or time, I love you for my life
You are a friend of mine, and when my life is over
Remember, remember, remember when we were together
And we are alone now, and I was singing this song to you
We were alone, and I was singing, yeah singing
We were alone, and I was singing this song for you
Singing my song, I'm singing my song for you 

When he started singing, he used his band and his microphone. As there was an instrumental part, the white curtain closed behind him and he stepped away from his microphone and the entire arena was quite, and it truly felt like he was singing that song, especially that last part to you. It was the coolest most intimate experience I have ever felt with an artist at a concert. And his voice carried through the whole arena! Oh, it was incredible. Next time he comes, I hope to go. Best experience at a concert ever, best entertainment for sure, and the best part...I got to share it with my mom. :)


2 comments:

Bowen and Shaelyn said...

I am so happy that you were able to go to the best concert on earth! (Still pretty jealous too) It looks like you both had so much fun! What a wonderful way to spend a night with your mom! *heart*

Rose said...

I am so jealous! I remember the first time I heard him a few years ago, and thinking, "ah this is love" :) Also on the acapella singers, Rich and I know of a few local ones that are AMAZING! We will have to go sometime!