Alan and I grew up in the same ward. He actually was the first boy I ever held hands with -- ah...the good ol' days of a young teenager. (haha) Anyway, after my mom and I moved, Alan and I sorta lost touch. Not completely, we just didn't talk near as often. I went to his farewell and wished him luck, and hoped for the best for him. I remember sitting in my economics class in high school and had heard about DearElder.com and thought I would check it out. I ended up typing a letter to him a note just to say hi. I remember thinking, "I don't want to loose touch with him. I want to still stay friends and check in from time to time." I am proud to say that we wrote the entire two years of his mission. He most certainly became one of my best friends!
I am sad that I won't be receiving any more Elder Harris letters from the mailbox. :( But then again....the real thing I think will do. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment