Thursday, December 24, 2009

Nutcracker - Delivered Flowers - Shoveling Snow

Nutcracker: My mom scored tickets to The Nutcracker at Capitol Theatre Monday night. We invited our new friend Kimberly who moved into our ward from Peru with her sweet sweet family, and my "sister" Jessica. Oh my...was it beautiful. I apparently have been to the Nutcracker according to my mom, but I don't remember every going. So this was quite an experience. Before the show we went to dinner at the Blue Iguana and it was delicious! I had never been there before, but loved the food. :) We then hurried to the Capitol Theatre (because it was so gosh darn cold!) and were the first ones to walk in -- we were escorted to our seats.....that were 3rd row!!








I loved sitting so close because you could see the gorgeous details of the costumes, and the facial expressions. It was wonderful! Thanks Mom!!






Flowers: A few weeks ago I went on a date with my friend, Mason, to Disney Princesses On Ice (what a blast!) Mason and I had our Natural Disasters class together and a mutual friend in that class introduced us. Anyway this kid is awesome and such a blast to talk with and hang out with. He asked me Monday night if I was working and till what time - I told him, and kinda thought he was trying to set something up to hang out. When I asked him why he wanted to know, he didn't answer the question and just "conveniently" forgot about it. I am at work the next day, just minding my own business looking at photography websites, when this really pretty girl with long blonde hair comes walking in with flowers. She looks like she knows right where she is headed - she walks right past CJ, then Mika, and I am thinking she is going to do the same to me and stop at Jody's desk. Nope! She stops at my window, "Are you Andrea?" With a startled look on my face..."Yeah...", "These are for you." She hands them to me and walks away. I stare at them in disbelief and think, "Who in the heck is sending ME flowers??" This is not something my mom would do. I don't have a boyfriend, it's not my birthday, Valentine's, or a special day of any kind. So I open the card and it reads:


"Girl Scout,
I thought I'd send some flowers to brighten up your day!
While I'm at it, there are a couple things I'd like to say --
You're the funnest girl in all of town,
With you around I never frown!
You're smart. You're cherry & funny too!
Probably the cutest girl I ever knew!
My rhymings a joke but I want you to know...
The Holiday's without you,
Would be worse than the snow!"
<3 The Captain

(He calls me Girl Scout because I am the Webelos leader in my ward. I call him Captain because we had to do this assignment in our class which is kinda like a treasure hunt and he kept referring to himself as The Captain, so it just stuck.)

Anyway -- it was such a pleasant surprise! Thanks Mason!!



 

I also need to mention that my co-worker CJ just had to send a mass email to EVERYONE in the office saying "a charming young lad just delivered flowers to Andrea. Come check them out!" So....most of my office comes up and is "Oo-ing and Aw-ing" over my delivery. AND my boss, who is on vacation in Florida, gets the email on her iPhone and immediately emails him back asking for all the details!! Thanks CJ...





Shoveling Snow: My mom was shoveling snow the other night and it was the funnies thing! I had to document it! I'll let the pictures tell the story... :)






I now know what my mom will look like as a grandma!p.!






P.S. I ordered my first print ever! It was a 16x24 and it turned out soooo good!! :) I am quite proud of myself and I hope Jamie is surprised and loves it! Merry Chrismtas Jamie (aka Mom 2)!!


(This picture was taken on a point and shoot camera with a self timer....and the lighting sucks and I look like a zombie because my face is so light and my eyes so dark. Forgive that  please!! haha)

1 comment:

Britt Family said...

LOVE the pics of your mom and the snow!!! LOL!! So glad I don't live where it snows! I am not a cold person! :)Merry Christmas!