Sunday, January 10, 2010

Gentlemen, Start Your Engines!!

This weekend my friend Mason and I went on a double date with his friend Lopez and his date Christine to the Monster Truck Rally at the E-Center. It was soooo much fun! We went to the Training Table first for some din din, then walked over to the E-Center. Pretty sure it was super cold and all of us just had jackets and hoodies on (smart, i know...). We saw some interesting things, and definitely some interesting people. Half way through the show, we get up to go to the bathroom and stretch our legs etc. Well.....I reach down to pick up my purse, set in on my lap to put my camera back in it...and I am covered in some sort of liquid. My first thought was, "Oh my gosh....why am I wet?? Pretty sure I did NOT wet my pants..." Then I get a wiff of something.......beer. Awesome! Haha! So I say something to Mason and he looks at the guy behind us and the guy is just in utter shock. He didn't know what to say or do. Christine was way nice and came with me to the bathroom to clean myself and my purse up a bit. The funny thing about it was that I knew something like this was going to happen. I thought earlier that day when I was getting ready, "Someone is going to spill beer and it is going to get all over me...just watch." And lo and behold....tada! It didn't bother me at all, we all had a good laugh about it, and all of them were very tactful towards the situation. (The benefit of hanging out with all Return Missionaries I guess!)

Anyway -- the rally was so fun! Very loud and quite entertaining! I tried to dress as casual as I could be -- aka jeans, Jackson Hole hoodie, and boots. Very appropriate I would say!


Afterwards we all went back to Mason's apartment and played a really interesting game of domino's and watch the end of the Cowboys game (one of his roommates is an avid Cowboys fan...and "avid" might even been an understatement! haha!) Then we all went our separate ways -- Mase and I took a long drive to and around Provo, and back, and all around WJ. Haha! Let's just say that by the time I got home and in bed and when my alarm went off for church...it was very difficult to wake up! Haha! All in all, it was a freakin awesome night! :)



























4 comments:

Britt Family said...

Carter is LOVING these pictures of the monster trucks!!! He watches monster truck rally on tv and LOVES watching the trucks crush everything. He has a mean voice that he uses when he says "Monster Trucks". LOVE IT!!!

Shahny said...

Oh so much fun! Your pictures made me want to go to one of these events

Colette said...

How fun!! Leyton would be way jealous he's so into big trucks!!
Miss you guys tell your mom HI!

andrea said...

haha i know!!! it really was! we all tried to dress down A LOT....and we STILL stuck out like sore thumbs! it was hilarious and so much fun!! :)