The past couple weeks I have been acutely aware of my life about to change. Seven and a half months and I am moving. It is scary to think (most likely) I won't be moving back in with my mom after I do move out. She and I are so close, so connected. And now, 2 hours is going to change that little aspect of our lives.
I am thinking about how fast time comes and goes - before I know it, "tomorrow" I will be turning 20 and moving out of my home, "next week" I will have finished my bachelors or masters, "two weeks" after that I will have 4 kids and one starting 3rd grade. I mean I really do feel like I just got baptized and got my drivers license not too long ago.
Life is traveling so fast. It's ridiculous. I try super hard to enjoy everything all at once. I try to make the most of every situation. I am trying to always be happy, positive, upbeat, loving, and friendly. I am trying to not take anything for granted.
I have always known change and expected it to happen - I mean that is the one thing you can count on isn't it? Change. But it is just snowballing faster than I expected. There is nothing I can do to slow the avalanche.
I am not one to declare my insecurities....but this is scaring thee heck out of me.
4 comments:
"I am trying to always be happy, positive, upbeat, loving, and friendly"......you are!
I so understand what you're talking about. I have a really hard time with change myself. I get depressed every time a major life change hits me. I am girl who LOVES her routines. Change is what makes us grow though! You'll do fantastic with your life though, you have such a positive attitude and a strong testimony. Best of luck!
I know what you mean. Everytime I look at pictures of my kids and realize how big they have gotten I start wishing I could just freeze time. I alway picture myself in my twenties with little ones running around. Now that Cooper has started school, I realize they grow up and won't always be little and that I will continue to get older. I guess you have to enjoy each transition and live life to the fullest everyday and remember that each change brings new growth and new life (even if in a different form)!!!
you'll do great!! moving out is a really good thing and it can help you and your mom become even closer. i called my mom all the time cause i messed up food or i didn't know how to use my washer.. haha but you'll love it!
Ah! You will have SOOOOOO much FUN!!! College is such a fun time of life. ENJOY it!!
But really, I feel like I just graduated high school. I always think I'm still the same age as girls who have one new baby....then I remind myself that I'm acutally not 20 anymore- that was 13 years ago. Sad. :)
You are the BEST! Love ya!
Post a Comment