Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Rehab

Sorry it has been a few days since my last post.



Mom got moved to HealthSouth Rehabilitation Center. Physical Therapy is going well. She will be able to come home on Friday. Yay!



I have always loved having my "andrea time." I don't mind cooking, watching movies, cleaning, especially running errands by myself because I always come home at the end of the day to my mom. I have noticed that when I have the choice to be alone it is more enjoyable. When your alone time is anticipated and you are uncertain of how long it will last, that is when it is more difficult to deal with. With the new paint on the walls of our entire top floor, (pictures to come I promise) home doesn't have that same familiarity. The pictures aren't hung back on the walls, decorations don't give our home that added flare, and it is very echo-ey. I have had to turn on lights and the radio so when I come home at 9:30, that lonely feeling isn't my immediate focus.

I have missed my mom so much the past week and half, tomorrow could not come any faster.

2 comments:

Andee said...

I'm so out of the loop i didn't even know she was in rehab! Is she doing ok? She really is an amazing woman. I have to tell you, I was looking at your blog at my mom's house and she was a few feet away and when she saw the main picture of you on your blog she said, when did you get that picture taken? She thought it was ME! When I'm not pregnant of course. :) I told her how we are a lot alike and look alike too! Anyway, I hope you guys are doing well. Thanks for your text. :)

Liz said...

I hope she's doing better. You are so lucky to have each other. Hang in there.