Mom is feeling "more human" today she says. She was up and walking down the hall with the physical therapist. She had some dinner and was visiting. Once we got her back to her bed and her feet up, she started dozing. (I took that as my cue to leave.) The pain is definitely more intense today, but she tries not to show it and distracts herself by indulging herself in your day.
Physical therapists are your worst enemies in the beginning, but you love them in the end. I saw this many many times when I was a physical therapist aid. This afternoon when the PT was giving my mom her exercises, I could tell that she was not a happy camper. My mom is one of the sweetest people I have ever known, and is always worried and concerned about others' feelings, and especially not taking a bad day out on another person. I knew she was not herself and in a lot of pain today when she was a little short with the PT. He didn't catch on, but knowing my mom so well...I picked right up on it. She was not mean (I don't think that is possible for her) but she made sure that he didn't give her any more repetitions than he originally started told her.
Oh bless her heart. Lol.
4 comments:
Her bad days are probably other patients good days. I hope that she has a quick and a more painless recovery. Let me know if you need anything (dinner or what nots). When is she coming home?
Well, I'm glad that she's doing better, but I'm sad that she's in so much pain! Our prayers are with her!
My father-in-law had both his knees replaced within the past 6 months. So I know what your mom must be going through! I would be one to hate a physical therapist as well. I'd just want to lay there and do nothing! Hope she has a quick recovery.
Andrea, give your mom our love. Let us know when she's home and feeling a little better and we'll come by for you two to meet baby Stephen! Love ya.
Post a Comment