Nathan and Jill took mom and I to their favorite Philly Cheese Steak place. OOO and it was delicious! It was fun to just enjoy a lunch together and get to visit. We kept getting pictures from Harvey, and some from my friends, of the huge mounds of snow that were collecting in the valley. Well....we were in short sleeves, sunshine, and actually glistening (apparently girls don't sweat, they "glisten"...)
*
***
*
Matt, Sarah, Kaia, Gatlin, and Gabriel came into town this day and it was sooooo fun to see them again! Their kids are just adorable! Ah! I loved watching Matt talk to Gatlin haha he would say "Gat-a-lin!" haha it was adorable! Matt actually was the first cousin I met when we came out 4 years ago. He was so patient and too me to the mall, and listened to music a ton. He got me hooked on Vertical Horizon! He is such a goofball and always keeps everyone laughing! Sarah and I talked "hair." Those of you how know me, know that I am anal about my hair. I would say I am a little OCD about it most of the time, and it was fun to talk with someone else who loves hair too! Im glad we got to share in their company those few days.
*
***
*
We also had our own little family christmas party. Which was wonderful. :)

lunch time! :)
the day after Christmas. yeah...it was hot.
Christmas dinner as a family.
*
***
*
Josh has one of the biggest hearts on the earth. He is always ready and willing to give assistance and loves to spoil people. His future fiance should consider herself very lucky cuz he will spoil her rotten. (Go Bradie!) Josh and I have had a tradition of going and getting ice cream whenever we are together...but this time he had his girlfriend with him most of the time and she is most definitely the more important one to spend time with! So hopefully next time!
December 27, 2008
Today was family pictures (we have yet to get them, but they are coming!) We took some really cute ones! :) I was in long sleeves and oh man....big mistake. I was soooo hot! my body thinks im crazy because it was 2 days after Christmas and I am hotter than hot outside. Nathan and Jill took mom and I on a tour of LSU (Louisiana State University (I think in hopes to convince me to come down and go there hehe)).
*
***
*
We also took a tour of the capitol, and drove around Baton Rouge. We basically just wanted to spend time together since that was going to be our last day. Blaine and Amber and their 2 boys, Cooper and Carter, came down to see Matt and Sarah, so we considered ourselves lucky because we got to see them one last time too! Most of us decided to go to Backyard Burger (delicious!) and then Daniel and I went to Starbucks and had caught up on life.

Jill and I after family pictures.

Personal tour of LSU.

Mike the Tiger (he's the mascot.)
Nathan thought he would make a great purse rack.
The top of the Capitol building & the Mississippi River.
Home :)**All of the stairs leading up to the entrance of the Capitol had the states and the date they became a state. Cool huh?
Starbucks is our favorite. Im Mint Mocha Chip -- Daniel's Vanilla Bean. ***
Daniel and I are the babies of the family -- and we just love it :) This picture was actually the first normal one we took I think! All the rest were silly. He is a recent RM, and one night we he was sharing his musical talent with me. On his mission he taught himself how to play the guitar. Amazing huh? He tried to teach me...but i need a lot of practice. He writes his own songs and his own music. Talk about talen huh? One of his songs is about his conversion -- it was beautiful. My favorite song however, was Jasmine. You'd think it was about a girl, even the lyrics sound like it, but it was about the fragrance. It was one of the sweetest songs I had ever heard though. I was glad to get to spend more time with Daniel. He has a very humble spirit, and anyone can just relate to him. He is a fabulous listener, and yet still a goofball. We had never really hung out before this trip, but I am soooo glad we were able to. I miss him a great deal and am trying to convince him to come out to Utah this summer!! Daniel.... :)
December 28, 2008
Sad day. We left this morning to come back to Utah, and it has been harder and harder every time I part from this family. The first time I was bummed. The second time I teared up a little. But this time....I was fighting back the tears. It was really hard to leave. Papa Tom, I consider, my second daddy. There is something about him that just fits so perfectly in my heart. I couldn't help but just give him hugs the whole time I was there. I one time just started bawling when he was holding me. I wish so much that he lived closer. Heck, I wish they all did. I love you Papa Tom, Im sorry to stay, but I win. I am the bad penny you can't get rid of. I love you.
***
When we were saying our goodbye's however, Papa didn't make me cry, he started the tears, but it was Nathan who made the flood gate open. I have never had a relationship like the one I have with Nathan. He truly is my adopted big brother. I know that I wasn't sent to their family because I would've been the pesky little sister and we probably wouldn't have all had the good relationships that we do. Not only is Nathan my cousin, adopted big brother, but he is also one of my very best friends. I honestly do not know what I would do without him. He has helped me reason through difficult situations, and has listened to me cry on the phone countless times. Even though there is 1,400 miles between us, you wouldn't think so because our bond is so tight. Jill I just love. We are so fortunate that she married in to our family. She such a sweet personality and spirit. Nathan & Jill are just two peas in a pod. I love them both like...I don't even know what haha, I just know that I love them a lot. (and their boys ;)

I love this family with all my heart. They are my firm foundation. I am so blessed that they offered for us to come down and put us up for the week, I am fortunate that my mom and I were able to go down and spend our Christmas Season with them. I wouldn't have wanted to spend it any other way. Given the tremendous up's and downs of 2008...and when I mean "tremendous," I mean it just that way, I could not have asked for this vacation to come at a more appropriate time. With them, home is in my heart. And I was truly, home for Christmas.
3 comments:
Awwww....it looks like you had a great Christmas! I love you!
You have a way with words. I was there for all of this, but reading you write about it made me tear up missing ya'll! I love you!
I am glad that you guys were able to come down. I wish we could have spent more time with you. It was so fun talking hair and I would definitely love some advice from you. Your hair always looks great. Hopefully me and the kiddies will get to see you guys in April. I will let you know and keep in touch for sure! It was such a fun Christmas. Miss you guys!
Post a Comment