Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Random Medley


Since i am the youngest of 6, I never had the experience of being an "older sister." I got jipped in that area -- but that's ok! (my sister does a better job than I would times 10!) So...I am fortunate to be able to adopt people into my family!!
-
---
-
The Stapley's are like my second family. Savannah is always introducing me as, "This is Andrea, my BIG SISTER!" (emphasizing the "big sister" part and then giggling after *hehe) It really is so sweet and means a lot to me.
-
---
-
When I pull in my street, and see the cluster of neighborhood kids in my circle, I can always count on a warm welcome home and a rundown on what happened that day with each of them as we all walk to the mailbox so I can check my mail :) what could be any better?! I absolutely love how they are so excited to tell me about it (anyone probably, but I'm glad it is me). Because really, in a few years, to them I will be "too old" or "uncool" for them to even associate with them! I'll just be "that one lady down the street."
-
---
-
Anyway -- I guess this post turned more into the fact that I am trying to treasure every moment with these kids, because before I know it they will be my age, and I will think, "where has the time gone?! I remember when you were baptized!!" (since that is what I currently think about when I see both Savannah and Collette!) I can't even imagine how all you parents feel! I see, when blog-surfing (as rose calls it) how some days just seem to never end, but then before you know it, the child is entering young men/young women, or they are starting Jr. High, etc.
-
---
-
Is it just me, or is time flying faster and faster? Maybe it is just an "adult thing" (I am still new at it). I try to take in everything and be optimistic about things as much as I can, because before I know it, they will change. I mean, 2008 is almost over....it seems like it was just 2 days ago, it was New Years Day at 2 in the morning and I am with friends thinking "oh my gosh! 5 months till we graduate!!" and now it is 4 weeks until I am done with my first semester of college...
-
---
-
So again I ask, Is time seeming to fly faster for anyone else....or is this just all in my head??
-
---
-

5 comments:

Jess said...

It is not just you. Time is totally going faster, and I don't like it much! You are lucky to have such great little neighbors. :)

emily said...

oh my gosh i totally agree! to me it feels like the first day of drivers ed when i met you and now we will be 19 with close friends leaving on missions and friends coming home from missions. i am so not ready for this! i remember my siblings being this old and i know i am not at all that old! time machine time! :) lol i love you andi

Allyson said...

I love reading your blog, Andrea! That was really nice to read. I have Savannah in my primary class and she talks about "Andrea, her big sister" fairly often. I always wanted a sister (and didn't care if she was older or younger). I love sisters! Also, watch it! You will NOT be TOO OLD to be cool in a few years! :)

Jackie said...

Yes, time is ticking faster it seems. Maybe it's the pace of our lives now....

Andee said...

Hi Andie!! Those girls idolize you and they will always remember you. I still remember some older girls that I looked up to when I was little. They are really larger than life! You are wonderful. They couldn't have a better role model. Love ya!