Most of you know of my "grown-up" calling -- Weblo Den Mother! One of my dear friends Rose and I are leaders together :) Rose and I are nearly twins, we are less than a day apart. We love our July :)Anyway! Back to scouts!! Today was our Pow-Wow and it was an absolute blast! Rose and I were such "girlie girls" as Rosey would say, because we kept saying "this is soooo cute!!" Haha! But it was! All of it was sooo much fun! We started the day learning about giving a "round of applause" and making sure to give people a "big hand" haha we have a thing or two to learn...not to mention, a whole new vocabulary!
We continued to our classes! We started with leather tooling and made some awesome looking pieces of art! Then we had some training, and a class on outdoors-y stuff, which Rose dominated! (That's my girl!) She gave lots of suggestions and ideas which everyone soaked up. Im lucky to be partnered with her.
Lunch was tastey! BBQ chicken...mm. Then it was time to separate (*tear). I had my "Cubs in the Kitchen" class and it was so much fun! I made fudge in a ziploc bag! And it was pretty tastey I must say! I also made some new friends! There is something about home-ec women and how they are just so homey and welcoming :) Plus when food is involved...people are happy :)
My last class, Laura Hill and I had together! She is such a doll and I am so glad I get to work closer with her for the next while! "Crafts on a shoestring" that was our class. There is so much you can do with things around your house, and even for super cheap! heck yes!!
One thing I learned was, anytime you want something at a discout or free, wear a scout uniform!! People apparently are just ready and willing to help you out! Haha! One of our teachers, who owns a leather shop, says he gives leaders automatic discounts at his store. How nice of him right?
At first when I received this calling and I was looking at the book, all of the activities looked so difficult, and I really thought, "how in the heck am I going to do this?" But after this Pow Wow, I feel so much more confident and it looks a lot more doable. I have always been excited for it, but NOW, I am absolutely ECSTATIC!!!!! Whoop Whoop! I am so thankful for this opportunity to be in scouts. I love our boys, I love doing all these crafts, I love working with such fabulous people like Rose and Laura, I am excited to get to know more of my co-council, and am still so excited about my boys as well as the new ones to come!
SO....if any of you have been in scouts, or have a boy(s) in scouts and have ideas, whether I know you personally or not, I would love your input :) More pictures and stories to come of the
Fabulous Future Scouting Fiestas!
4 comments:
You girls look stylin in those scout shirts! I am so glad that you are loving your calling. And kudos to you for going to pow wow. I was in scouts for what- like 3 years almost- and didn't ever go. I'm a loser. :-)
Ha ha I loved it too! When I was waiting for you and Laura after our last class, I was at the beck leather stand. I was looking at the ornaments and I said "how cute!". The lady laughed at me and proceeded to tell me how to say things like "sweet" or "cool". So next year, I have got my lingo down!
Pow wow is evidence of your commitment to your calling and I so appreciate that! You are great! Thanks for your hard work and example for James! He loves you two!
Sorry, I'm a little behind on my blog reading.
Well, as far as I can tell you've caught it! Yes, I'm talking about SCOUT FEVER. I confess, I resisted the symptoms myself at first but it was no use. I've actually had it for a long time now. Those Cub Scouts are just too darn cute and fun to work with and Pow Wow just seems to get my scout spirit flowing. It was fun to be able to go with you and Rose and Jenifer too. Go Cubs!!!
Post a Comment