Saturday, November 1, 2008

Oh goodness...

In life we have the fabulous opportunity to do some really embarassing and stupid things. Which is why this post is titled "Oh goodness."

Are you ready.....

1. Two years ago my mom and I would meet every day for lunch. I would ride the bus in to town, meet somewhere for lunch then use the bus to get to work. When I would meet her at her office, we would sometimes buy lunch at the kiosk in the lobby downstairs. The guy that works there, Karl, and I became friends. More like "hi-bye-buddies" (because he is a few years older than me.) Since that summer when I was 15-16, I have only seen him...once...about a year ago. Apparently, I have changed quite a bit. When I went to my moms office on halloween, he was there. I saw him watch me walk in and he had that look of "you look so familiar, but it is taking me a second to place you."

As I walk over to him he said, "Oh...my...gosh..."
I said, "Hey :) do you even remember me?"
(he gave me the look of "duh") and said "Hey Andi :)"
And I told him hello.

Let me also point out that I am wear big clunky shoes -- as he is standing up to give me a hug, don't even worry,
i tripped over myself and literally fell into his arms!!
yeah pretty sure that happened.
THEN(!) he says "oh you're that excited to see me huh?(hint of sarcasim) and i replied with "Oh sorry I couldn't help myself" haha

yeah...

that is my "Oh goodness" #1

2. My friend Rose and I are the Weblo Den Mothers. Today as we were taking home some of our boys, I felt like running so the boys and I raced to the stairs of the condos (they raced all the way to the top, and i judged to see who won :)) After we are leaving Trey's house -- Rose, James, and I decide that we are going to pretend like we are riding horses back to my car (I dont know why that idea popped in my head...it just did) well I was laughing so hard, and I loved how James just humored us and acted crazy with his two insane leaders, when I went to give him a hug i tripped over myself again and fell on the cement. I thought Rose would pee her pants she was laughing so hard. Oh and...Im sorry for emabrassign both of you! (there is "oh goodness" #2)


3. This happened about 20 minutes after my ever so graceful fall. We were showing the boys how to grease a bike chain and adjust things on bikes etc. and my bike was the lovely model. rose came to my house, to pick it up while I went to get the boys. We then had to ride it back to my house. I told rose I would drive along side of her while she rode. (Im laughing as Im typing this hehe) It was so funny to watch her ride, because she would sway her body back on forth to try and get up what isn't even a hill (but she claims it to be) she would stop and give hand signals and yell with pain, oh and it was of great amusement for me. Once we got to my house, she tried to ride my bike up to my garage....yeah she didn't get very far before i relieved her from riding duty. :)
It has been....6 years since I rode a bike. And it is very true what they say about never forgetting how to ride a bike. It is so true!!

I had to throw this picture in :) These are our boys. Trey (with some of his zombie make-up still on), James who is just such a doll and is so well mannered and helps with anything even without being told, and Ryan who keeps us all laughing.

They are such great boys! Rose and I love our calling!! :)

7 comments:

Allyson said...

I love your blog, Andrea! Your pictures of the bike and everything are so cute! James told me about the galloping! He thought it was so funny that you did that! He's loving having you and Rose for his leaders! You're great! I love your embarassing moments!

Rose said...

Haha Love it! On a more serious note, THAT REALLY IS A HILL! Anyone who grew up riding bikes on that street knows too!! And I was only signaling so that I didn't get hit by a car okay!? I love our boys! Today was my favorite meeting ever!! Thanks for the yummy muffins and all that you do! Couldn't ask for another co-leader!! Love you!

emily said...

oh andi how i miss you and your funny stories! i love you

Liz said...

What a funny post. Those boys are so lucky to have such fun den mothers. You and Rose are awesome.

Don't worry about falling into that guys arms, I'm sure he loved it. :-)

Bowen and Shaelyn said...

You are so funny! I was laughing the whole time I was reading it!

Jackie said...

Loved the stories and pics. They made me laugh. You and Rose are so funny. Miss you in YW, but glad you have a calling! Don't you feel all grown up?? :-)

Taya Jensen said...

Dude. Your totally rock those outfits! You look cute in anything Andi! Honestly! I love it! Your so cute!