I have been awaiting November 19th for weeks now, just super excited for the many weeks to follow. Today was the day 19 year old Keltson was supposed to depart for the MTC and begin his service for the Charolette, North Carolina mission. It is hard to think my mail man won't be delivering any envelopes addressed to me with a return address saying "Elder Keltson Gene Blackburn." On the optimistic side, however, Elder Blackburn has been a month and a half serving an even greater, honorable mission.
This day, and maybe even the number 19 in general, will just be a rememberance of an eternal mission of my best friend. ♥
9 comments:
Ah, you're so strong! don't push back any tears today...let them come if they need to. I love you!!!
I was thinking about it this morning and yesterday.Your amazing person! Love ya Andi.
Wow...I teared up just reading this. How are you doing it? You are amazingingly strong. Love you!
I feel horrible not to have said anything to you about this yet. You wrote a beautiful post. Your strength is truly admirable! I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing that! My heart goes out to you with lots of love!
andi you're my hero
Andrea, you are doing great. Let the feelings flow. You are doing the best thing I can think of. You are talking about it and letting others help you through it. Remember, I've got two experienced, absorbant shoulders if you need them. Love you!
Hi, Andrea! I found your blog through Jen's I think (why didn't YOU tell me you had a blog?!!). After reading this post I had to go back and read previous posts to find out what was going on. I am so sorry for the loss of your best friend. Your post about his passing was so amazing, though. I cannot believe the strength and perspective you have at your age! I am so proud to know you, and know that you will find happiness in this life. I miss you as one of my "young women" and I miss seeing you. Let's stay in touch this time!
You are an amazing woman!! BeaUtiful inside and out. I love you!!!
You have such a wonderful spirit! I am amazed at how optimistic someone can be. It makes me want to be more optimistic about life especially hard times. You have an amazing testimony. And that is so awesome how you look at the big picture.
Post a Comment