Thursday, November 27, 2008

Laundry Day(s) Blues

The other day my mom and I were talking about the one thing we do NOT like to do. Maybe not so much that we don't like to do it, but it seems like we are always doing it and it never seems to end. Her dread is dishes. I don't mind mind doing the dishes, especially because we don't have to touch all the left over food (thanks to wonderful inventors), you rinse it off in the sink and into the dishwasher it goes -- it doesn't matter about separating into colors, you throw them in once and then you put them away. It only takes a few minutes to load the dishwasher, you get to walk way and call it good, and an hour and a half later, you have clean dishes! :) Plus they have invented disposable silverware and plates, which make doing dishes very pleasant.


Laundry on the other hand.....is a
never ending process!!! (Shari and I agreed on it!) You have to separate clothes into: blacks & blues--greens & browns--whites--reds & pinks & purples--light colors--and jeans. (This is just the beginning!) Then you have to choose the correct temperatures so nothing shrinks, add the correct amount of soap and the load size. Then once it is through with the wash -------------------->dryer time! once you throw that load in the dryer, it is time for the new wash load. In goes the second one..........now that load is done...but the dryer isn't. So you have to wait for the load to keep drying. Meaning, while unlike dishes where you get to walk away and not worry about anything wrinkling or throwing a wet load in to dry, you have to stick by your laundry room constantly changing loads adding soap, water, dryer sheets, etc.


(And I know anyone reading this is laughing and nodding in your head because you know exactly how I feel!)

By the end of 1 loads' turn, you have handled that particular load

1 (separation of clothing) -- 2 (into the washer) -- 3 (into the dryer) -- 4 (folding/put away).
4 times!!!

Plus when you think you are done....oh no you are not!! you still have the clothes you are wearing that aren't clean. Face it...it is the guest that never leaves. And yes, these were all put away today, but since it took me 3 days to finish, I now have 3 days of dirty clothes already started. Fabulous.


I hate to say it mom....but I would much rather handle the dishes.

8 comments:

Jill Britt said...

I agree that I absolutely HATE doing the laundry. It is a never ending task that is only going to get worse when our family grows! I don't like to think about it.

The Hill's said...

Haha!That is so funny cause I am in the middle of doing laundry and I was complaining to Jake about the exact same thing. I hate laundry and for the fact that once you think you are done you have more in the basket. Just wait until you have kids and a husband it is a very long process.

Jackie said...

Exactly how I feel. But add three kids and a husband to that and it is definitely neverending!

Brian and Kim said...

Amen!! :)

Laura said...

And I say Amem to Kim's Amen! I try to do all my laundry in one day. Monday is laundry day at our house. Monday night is laundry folding night. Then I don't have to think about it until the next Monday : ) ...but then again, on Monday there's piles and piles of it again. : (

Allyson said...

I hate laundry too! Carlo ends up doing most of ours...thank goodness for a great hubby! Come to think of it, I don't like any chores. I do them only because I don't want to live in filth. :)

Shahny said...

OMG!! I feel the exact same way. I really dont mind the dishes. I'd do them all day (ok i take that back) but the laundry... jus kill me now. It's really a neverending process and its worse when your clothes dont FULLY dry. So you're pushed back an hour so!! I can honestly say that I HATE, with a passion, folding and putting clothes away. Jus not my thing :D

Liz said...

Wait until you throw kids into the mix. :-) Mike isn't allowed to do the laundry because he would ruin it, but he is always welcomed to help me fold it. I only do it once a week so I don't feel like a slave to it, but I don't have quite as many divisions as you. I do it on Monday and then we fold it while we watch our show.