
...now imagine that it is 9:15 p.m. and this one you hear...and it is heading to YOUR house. That was the situation my mom and i found ourselves in tonight :) lucky us right? my mom and i had made dinner, finished it and were on to the next cooking project when it decides to burn. My mom quickly gets up to tend to it. Once she turns on the vent above our stove, comes back to sit down at the table she says,
"Great...I'll probably set off the smoke alarm."
..one moment (literally) later...
**BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP!!!**
She looks at me in a panic, runs to get her blow dryer while i am trying to turn off the alarm from my key ring (we got a security system a couple weeks ago that detects everything and the way to activate and deactivate it is on our key rings) she has me stand holding the dryer while she opens the windows. We finally get the house aired out when....
her cell phone rings.
oh don't worry...it was just the alarm company saying they were sending the fire department over!!!
sure enough...
yep we heard 'em...sirens. Here they come. My mom was so embarrassed. She told me to come out there with her and talk to them so i do. we apologized over and over and over. How stupid we felt. Then our sweet sweet neighbor across the street comes over to make sure everything was ok. bless her heart.
Needless to say -- everything is fine! :)
Earlier tonight, my mom says how she is so tired and ready to go to bed, and is ready to collapse at any minute...
I think she gave that up the minute she started her new cooking project! Ha ha!
1 comment:
Too funny! I thought I heard sirens last night that sounded really close. I didn't bother to go look outside though. My neighbor's house could be burning down and I wouldn't know it. LOL Glad it was just your mom's cooking and not anything serious. :-)
Post a Comment