Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Bad day => Productivity

I have learned that when I get fired up about something, get really upset, or am just plain mad, I can get some major cleaning done.

Yesterday Jeff woke up in a not so good mood. It carried into the morning, then about mid morning, his day started getting better. My day was fine to begin with and got worse in the afternoon. By the end of the day I was just done.

I was taking a quiz for one of my classes last night when all of the day escalated. The questions I was being asked I could have sworn were not in the book. I was getting more and more frustrated. By the end of the quiz and searching the book a hundred times over I just submitted it. Surprisingly I got a decent score. However, by this point in the day my blood pressure was still a little high. So I started channeling all that energy to cleaning the dishes...

then Lysoling everything...
then starting a DI bag...
then organizing the office...
then planning dinner for the next night...

A few years ago I learned this about myself. I came home from a public function and was appalled by some of the comments I heard. So what did I do? I detailed my bathroom. I didn't even change out of my skirt I was in when I started cleaning!

To be honest, it felt great. I got more done in that 45 minutes than I had even planned on doing period. I am glad to say that today is a much better day.

I recently just helped a lady who's "bad day" is today.

As you go about the remainder of this day, just remember, you don't know what kind of day the people you are encountering are having. Keep a smile on your face and keep being pleasant. You may just be that optimistic influence that someone needs in their day!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

It's good that you used that motivation...I probably would've sat on the couch and ate MIlanos all day :-)