it was a late night last week, and jeff and i were snuggling in bed. we had just said our evening prayers and i had asked if it would be ok if he took my turn and said them. he didn't understand but said he would.
he prayed for me.
i was trying so hard to hold back the tears. why? because nothing... no thing, was the matter. but when he asked the Lord to bless me and calm my heart, i couldn't help but let some tears come.
we said amen.
there was a long silence.
he held me close, rubbed my arm slowly and very gently said, "want to talk about it?"
i cried even harder.
right then and right there, i could feel jeff's love for me even more.
i don't know why i was so emotional that night. i felt, however, that this experience was a good foreshadow for when jeff and i hit rocky waters in the future. i could truly feel that jeff would hold me while i cried, that he would pray on my behalf and for my whole being to be comforted, and just listen while i spill what is on my mind.
i love that man; my husband, my best friend, and my protector.

5 comments:
Awe. So so cute. :)
Love this and I couldn't be more happy for you. You deserve the very best, and I mean that. love you girl.
seriously! like stop being so cute. this is precious. this is adorable. just reading this makes me smile :) i love knowing the power of prayer and love... it's incredible!
Marriage is an incredible thing! I love that Matt is there for me in those situations when I need to cry. Sounds like you found yourself a great man Andrea! I am so happy for you!
Very sweet! You sound like you made the perfect choice for you. :)
Post a Comment