When I first moved to my college town, I was busy making new friends, being the activities director, school, and learning how to live on my own. I didn't think I could get busier, and then institute taught me that I definitely could. Granted, the past year has been full with my new role at the institute and I couldn't help but be busy with 7 a.m. meetings 3 times a week, committee meetings, activities, full time school, part time work, dating, family, life in general. It seems like "busy" has not slowed since summer 2010. As soon as spring semester was wrapping up, we got engaged, and have been planning a wedding and a big family reunion ever since.
(Wow... even seeing how many times I have typed "busy" is making me tired...)
This summer has been full of everything wedding, and other peoples weddings & get togethers. There was one Sunday about 3 weeks ago where Jeff and I did absolutely nothing but watch the Olympics and sleep. It was absolutely grand. It was the perfect day just to spend the whole day together in comfies and relaxing.
When people have asked "how are wedding plans coming?" I have said, "they are plugging right along and keep us going." Which... obviously is code for "keeping us busy." The women laugh and say, "Oh... that doesn't stop here. You will always be busy now."
Well... I don't want to "always be busy." I want to enjoy those times visiting with my soon-to-be husband, pick back up hobbies that I have shoved in the closet, incorporate "Andrea" time into my daily routine. I don't know what it is like to not be busy, that when it does happen... I don't know what to do with myself.
I read this post today and it got me thinking of how I really want to accept this unofficial challenge of making life less busy. I do think this is going to be a challenge because along with trying to simplify life I am trying to figure out how to be a wife, and how to be married. But I do know that one way for me to simplify life and be less busy, feel less busy. De-clutter. I am a visual person, and if things are not put in their proper place I get anxious & it visually makes me feel like I have so much more to do.
Operation "Simplify" -- Mission #1
(which I have chosen to accept)
De-clutter.
1 comment:
Ah this is such a good mission to take on! While I doubt I have been even close to how busy you are, I'm afraid this next semester might just do me in. I think I am in need of some De-cluttering as well! :)
Post a Comment