I have decided to share not only the "proposal story" but to break up this story of how we came to be "Jeff and Andrea."
Our story actually goes back a year ago. I had just moved to good ol' Ogden and started my first Sunday in my singles ward. The leaders had asked for all new members of the ward to go to a separate room to have their picture taken. When we got to the other room there were a good handful of us that were waiting for our little photo debut. Me, being the talkative social butterfly that I am, I turned to one of the people standing next to me and said, "Hey! I'm Andrea, what's your name? :)"
And with a one worded reply, "Jeff" and a turn of the head, that was how it started.
Now this all didn't click until months and months later. You see, at this time, I was super busy with family, my new calling on the Institute Council, new roommates, new area... basically just the new of new. I went home to my moms frequently for different social functions and chose to make a weekend out of it. I ended up staying most weekends and attending church down with her. Around October I made the decision that I needed to be more involved with my ward and I decided to attend there more frequently.
Paralleling my story is Jeff's. He too went to the singles ward to try it out that first Sunday in May, and at the time we "met" he actually was dating someone, hence the cold shoulder. He didn't really come to the singles ward during the summer or as school started, and then around the same time I made my decision to make more of a committment to come to our ward, so did he.
You might be thinking, "Wait one moment here Miss Andrea... you both said you met in your accounting class..." Yes. That is what we origianlly thought. We took this dreaded accounting class, never sat by each other, never really talked to each other, but we kinda noticed each other. One Fast Sunday I bore my testimony and talked about a tender mercy with this particular class. Jeff and I bumped into each other in the hallway and I noticed his cute little smile, his purple and gray argyle sweater, and his oh so delicious cologne, and he noticed me as the girl that bore her testimony. I told him that he looked familiar and I think I had seen him in my accounting class.
That is where accounting came into the picture.
I believe it was on our second or 3rd date that we had put together that we had met all those months before.
So now you know how we met, let's talk about the dating...
No comments:
Post a Comment