Monday, August 15, 2011

Institute Rodeo 2011

So my new calling on the Institute Council allows me to be really involved -- "behind the scenes" kind of involved. And ya know what? I couldn't love it more! It is hard work. It's full of early set up's, late night clean up's, lots of planning and preparation, meetings galore. But it is oh so rewarding: The friends I make, the satisfaction of  giving time and effort, working with the rest of those on council, watching people make friends and bring more friends. I love my calling, I am blessed more and more, edified more and more, strengthened more and more when I dedicate myself to this work and these people.

Our July activity was a Rodeo. There was roping, riding horses, sack races, chasing cows, pie eating contest, pulled pork sandwiches and hot dogs. Then there was chips, snowcones, cotton candy, homemade root beer. Mmmm :) 
Towards the end of the night there was a hoe-down where there were lots of line dances going on, a contest of who looks more cowgirl and cowboy-sh, a huge raffle going on with awesome prizes like a 3 month membership to a gym, camping chairs, and books from Deseret Book.

Ah! it was great fun! Really really hot... but fun!
Check it out!


me, Trevor, and Jessie (she came up for the festivities)

my roommates Chandra and Michelle helping out. :) bless their hearts!



my lime flavored snowcone!


my friend Paige!
Get this: we actually used to live by each other before i moved to my current residence. but when i went to my second week in my new ward i sat next to her, we put together that we used to live by each other & we have been friends ever since! funny though that it too us to both NOT be in our common area to meet, right?? I was so glad she came. I adore this girl.:)

Trent, Tara, Julene, Neil, me, Tasha


I like the lighting in the top one better (that's why these are almost duplicates) but I wanted to make sure I included this one of my lil Jessie. :)


Me, Heather (from my new ward) and her friend.

I asked Tara to hold my camera while I helped with the last of the raffle.
...guess this is my "you're welcome andi!" :)

1 comment:

Jess said...

That was soooo much fun! I'm so glad I got to come up :)