Saturday, February 5, 2011

enclosed

Tumblr_lco129ym3r1qzuxodo1_500_large


the metaphoric hallway in which i stand is becoming increasingly longer and the darkness is thickening.

i can see the Lord making my first few months here "bliss" so I would fall in love with life again, feel alive again; so that when i would fall in these "slumps" or "funks" I wouldn't give up and go home. (so to speak.)

the newness has worn off. this is now "life" my "every day routine." i don't decessarily feel the closeness with people as I once did. a lot of factors play into this: new semester, still new ward, winter, my own personal funk, etc.

it is hard though. i want to shake it off. but i know i have to endure it because it will get better soon. i will appreciate what is to become because i have endured this awkwardness.

i have learned that for myself, if i try too hard to relieve myself too fast, i get frustrated and failure to do so. it's like the Devil's Snare on Harry Potter. i can just hear Hermione: "you have to relax. if you don't, it'll only kill you faster!" the moreyou wiggle, the more it will increase its grip on you. if you stop wiggling, ride it out, you will be released and relieved from its grasp.

i have to simply "ride it out."

since i have moved here, i have developed this new motto:
"go with the flow."

easier said than done, but i find it works well in my life.

now where is my floatie...






image via

4 comments:

Jess said...

Oh how I love my Andrea! We are so on the same page...
I love your Harry Potter reference. I had never thought of it that way, but it is soso true. We can do it!
((hugs))

Unknown said...

a- that picture is awesome
b- love the HP ref
c- you are wise, beautiful, talented, smart, and SO cool.

Bowen and Shaelyn said...

Hey Anid, thanks for your txt the other night :) It was much appreciated. Even though you're in this "funk" you still think of others which is amazing. YOU are amazing! xoxo

Chess said...

It's true. Once you quit fighting life, I think it becomes pleasant to be around, whether or not it's doing what or going where you want it to. Keep your chin up, these weird funks pass! You're great! :)