Thursday, December 23, 2010

Morning Run

It is weird that it is December 22, and there is basically no snow on the ground...and it is raining not snowing. I hope there is snow at my mom's... It just doesn't feel like Christmas yet!

However, I did enjoy my run this morning in the rain. It feels so good to get outside, listen to my "workout" playlist, and jog at my own pace. It allows me to be in my own little world without being bothered by anyone or anything and enjoy the world Heavenly Father has created for you and I. Isn't it the greatest?

It's hard to believe that I ever hated running. Not that I really love it now -- but I have found how it works for me. I have to have music, that steady beat, and good lyrics to distract me, and also the benefit of running alone. That way I am not slowing anyone down or vice versa.

And it's not so much either that I enjoy the act of running, but that feeling I have afterwards is the greatest. I walk better, I'm more alert, I feel more healthy.

Plus it is fun to have your mom pass you while standing at the doctor office directory, only to notice her passing and say, "Mom!" Then to have her turn around and say, "Oh hi honey! That's funny, I notice that girl standing there but didn't realize it was you! You're so skinny and toned!"

Aw shucks mom. :) Thanks!

2 comments:

Shahny said...

I used to LOVE running, now I get easily bored. I'll have to figure it out I want someone to say "You're so skinny and toned" to me!!

P.s. NO, it does NOT feel like Christmas. It came way too fast!!

Brian and Kim said...

Running can be so rewarding and it's so hard to explain why to others but once you get it...well, nuff said:) I'm so glad you are enjoying it!!! mwah!!