Friday, December 24, 2010

Graceful

It is Sunday night & I am at Tara's dropping off some Christmas presents. Rachal happened to be there as well, so I gave her hers as well. A little bit later, Amber stops by. We are all hanging out and chit-chatting in Tara's living room. I decided it is about time I should head out (I still had some stops to make).

I stand up and give amber hugs.
Move over to Rachal, give her hugs.
Slide down to Tara to give her hugs.
They all were still sitting on the couches, so I was leaning down to give the hugs.
As I stand up from giving Tara hugs, I happen to stand on the bottom of my skirt causing me to loose my footing.

And what do you think happens next?

I run/fall backwards into her Christmas tree!

 They all were rolling on the floor laughing.
Tara literally was rolling on the floor and laughing. No joke.
I was laughing and fell to the couch.

A few minutes later, after we had composed ourselves again, we were talking about what just happened.
I watched Amber just watch me fall over, and she commented on how she saw it happening but she knew she couldn't get up in time, so she just watched.

Thanks Amb...

Tara (still laughing) says, "I think the only thing hurt is your ego." Haha! Um...pretty much.

So my attempt #2 to leave. Tara tells me that she is going to help me walk to my car. As we are walking to the front door, I drop my phone and it breaks apart and all the pieces go everywhere. I drop my purse and walk back to where Amber and Rachal are sitting (and again, laughing at me) while Tara puts my phone back together. I am laughing so hard that I am leaning agains the wall for support and Tara says, "Um....maybe I should drive you home..." haha! No! I'm fine!

I walk to my car and drive just fine. However, as I am getting out of my car, I drop my keys.

Yep. I was the epitome of grace.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha, I love this story and I love you! I really thinks these are things that I would do.

Also, I nominated you for the Stylish Blogger Award. 'Cause if anyone's a stylish blogger, it's my darling friend Andrea!

http://eliseypants.blogspot.com/2010/12/stylin.html