Wednesday, September 2, 2009

One Week

School has officially been in session for 1 week. I am going to like this semester I do think. :) I have found that I am also closer to getting my associates than I thought (whoop whoop!)

A Rundown of my Fall Semester:

Race & Ethnicity: I am not quite sure how I feel about this class yet. I think...I like it. It is definitely interesting. It reminds me of my friend Brittany because she loves culture. Love may even be an under-statement. (Haha). My professor is so super nice which always makes a class more enjoyable. My dear friend Leslie is also in this class with me. That is a double plus!

Math 1010: Oh math... :) I used to love math and be very good at it. Then middle school came along, and my teacher....did not like kids, and did not like teaching. Bleh. She was not a very nice person at all. So ever since 7th grade I gave up on math. I decided that my first semester in college I would start completely over with math so I can feel more confident about it. Oh boy has that helped! It is amazing how much you forget in a years time! So last year I started with the basics again, and have only this 1010 class and one more. Then I believe I am done with math for a very very long time! :) This class is also more comfortable because I have a couple friends in there (an unexpected surprise!)

Marriage & Family: (Also another class with Leslie!) I loooove this class! My professor is absolutely phenomenal and knows his stuff. It is interesting to hear people comments on relationships. We go into depth of Marriage, Family, Relationships; I would say about half (maybe even more) of my class is not LDS and does not share my same values. I love hearing their comments on marriage. I have never lived out of state, so it is an interesting glimpse of how the world thinks.

*I came in to work yesterday straight from this class and continued the conversation with my co-workers. They all thought it was very interesting and can't wait until I finish the topic my class started Tuesday. One of my co-workers actually came up to me today and wanted to know if my class was today haha. It will be fun talking with my co-workers about this subject.

Natural Disasters: This class is going to be awesome! I already know it! My teacher is a young guy, maybe....late 20's early 30's and he loooooves Geography. He makes the subject very intriguing. He says there are ways to help prevent natural disasters, so I am interested to study them. Did you know there are several wildfires in Utah as we speak?? I didn't know that!

I decided I am getting my Associates in Sociology, following with my Bachelors in Gerontology. I have 2 Sociology classes this semester and will be taking more next semester. I am excited and anxious to pursue my degree!

2 comments:

Brian and Kim said...

You have a full schedule this semester.

I don't feel like I've seen you in forever. I miss your beautiful smile!! *HUGS*

Liz said...

That's great you like your class load. I minored in Sociology and really enjoyed the family centered classes. Math...not my thing either. I took what I had to, and that was it. Good luck this semester.