**This story is not recent. It happened at the end of July. This summer was my "car trouble month." Flat tires, leaks left and right, someone breaking into my car (that one was a joy.) Anyway, I wrote about one particular morning and decided that it is quite amusing so I thought I would post it. :) Hopefully you can either get a good laugh...or maybe feel some sympathy for me that day. Haha.
so...let's re-cap this morning shall we...
7:20 - driving to work
7:43 - approaching freeway, see a man on the side of the road, and he has a flat tire... i think
to myself..."that is going to be me one day probably." ha.
7:47 - about a quarter mile from my office. the lane is right next to a curb. i hit it, pop my tire, and am riding my rim into the closest driveway. Quality Inn. Call my mom for AAA to save my
retarded behind.
**Let's keep in mind that today I am a teller, which means being to work 10 minutes early (which i was if this wouldn't have happened) so that you can be ready to help members when they come in at 8.
At this point i am booking it to my office, speed walking like i've never done before. Mom's called AAA, and they are coming to fix my tire.
7:58 - get my drawer open it, no probs there. I try to log on to the computer, but someone else
had done so earlier. I try to log her off so I can log on. The computer freezes and won't
respond. Dandy.. My co-worker, can't log on to get the phones, she is printing receipts on
the station I am on.
8:02 - I get an angry member who can't keep track of his money and is pissed
at me, because "it is all my fault"...ok...
8:04 - A member comes in, wants to cash a big check, but doesn't have enough money in her
account to clear it in case something happens. In the mean time, my dear mom calls, and
says that I not only have 1 flat tire but 2. yes...2. could it get any worse. well it did.
all in less than 15 minutes.
bless my mom's heart for helpign me out huh :)
3 comments:
Wow! you did have a crappy car day!
Hopefully you dont have to repeat a day like that :)
Too funny! Don't you just love AAA though! It's been worth every penny because I've had to call them 3 times over the past few years to fix my flat tires.
Post a Comment