Friday, January 9, 2009

C.V. Part 4 - December 23, 2008

LET'S GO HORNETS!! Those were the words we were sayin all day. We spent Christmas Eve Eve in the lovely city of New Orleans. We spent the first part of our adventure checking out Canal Street doing the typical sight seeing. Nathan and I had a ton of fun taking turns with my camera and letting out creative juices flow.


Daniel and me. Apparently I have some things in my pockets.....or are my hips really that big..?


Oh goodness Nathan!

I don't even know how this came to be to be honest haha.

Since my mom served her mission in Spain, I figured this picture was most appropriate to take :)
"Have yourself a Festive Saints Christmas"


We went to a Catholic church (my first time being in one actually--it was pretty cool :) ) we also went to Cafe Du Mone and indulged ourselves in the-one-and-only Binet's (oh they are divine). For theose of you who don't know, Binet's (bin-yays) they are like scones, covered in powdered sugar, warm, and just absolutely delicious. Hand Treatments were next on the list...some of our hands seemed to look like they worked harder than others ;) but they were super super soft after, and actually lasted for a couple days.

Kneeling on the prayer stands they have. Smart idea!

Binet's....mm.mm.good.

We musn't forget the hot chocolate...

Smooth as Silk.


A couple hours after eating our tastey treat, the New Orleans,Hornets were going to tip off their game against the Los Angelos, Lakers. Jill and I got our face painted painted to get more in the spirit of the game! We got our nacho's, I got my hot dog, my mom got her a "NOLA" shirt (New Orleans Louisiana). We cheered, and yelled, and we tried to "settle down"...but we got too into it. I haven't been to a NBA game since I was very very youg. My parents and I used to go to Jazz games ALL the time when I was younger...I've missed going. Plus, being with some of my favorite people.....yeah pretty sure it couldn't have gotten any better. Thanks for the idea Nate and Jill. Mom and I had a blast!!!

Headin to the game -- right in front of the SuperDome.

About to enter the "Hornets Nest" -- Sidenote: It is really cool because the Saints symbol is the Flur-De-Lis (that is probably spelled incorrect..sorry) so for the Hornets symbol, they made the Flur-De-Lis into a hornet. Clever eh?

Face paint -- we were twins.
Hornet and Me :)
In the Nest!
My cute lil mom in her NOLA shirt :)


***Alright -- in the sports shop, they had molds of some famous players hands on a basketball. Pretty sure that is Shaquille O'Neals hand palming a basketball! And my fingertips barely reach the joint where his fingers connect to his palms!!!!!!! how can that be?! I mean, I know I have small hands.....but c'mon now!***

No comments: