Tuesday, November 19, 2013

"I was expecting you to pull out your phone,"

Jeffrey loves to shake his head when we are in public and I have conversations with strangers. In the few exchanges of sentences an onlooker might think this stranger and I know each other and are maybe even friends. To me, we kinda are.

I love people. I love making new friends. I love visiting. I love making people smile when they least expect it. Like holding the door open for someone as they enter Little Ceasar's and then finding. Or finding myself very lost trying to find oven cleaner and asking a fellow shopper if they know where to find it.

My mom and Jeffrey always laugh (in a loving way of course) when they hear about how I make new friends, but I truly love it. I love that people find me approachable. I love that I am not as socially awkward as I sometimes think because I can carry on a pleasant conversation with someone I have no idea about, or have history with.

I feel like it is a true gift to be able to reach out to people in such a way. I don't mean that to "toot my own horn." But honestly, how many times do you have the opportunity to meet a stranger and carry on a short conversation and have it not feel ridiculously awkward? Probably not super often... or maybe you are like me and it does happen often. Haha!

So, to my sweet little blue sweatshirt friend, Maura, at Little Ceasar's, you are welcome for the packing tips and holding the door open for you. Best of luck in Boise & thank you for being kind and gracious for my gestures.

To the couple that helped me pick the best men's lotion fragrance, I appreciate you so willingly helping me in what surprisingly wasn't an awkward situation. Thank you for not thinking I was crazy.

To my Wal-Mart, oven cleaner friend, Amber who we still keep in contact with and who might even come have Thanksgiving with our family, I am grateful you helped me find something that I passed by 4 times. Bless you! Thank you for being my first Minnesota friend ever and for embracing a new Utah friend.

And to all my future friends out there... I'll be looking for you!

No comments: