Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Guest Blog: Elise's Pieces

Today I am SUPER excited to introduce you to my awesome friend and fellow blogger, Elise. We met at Coldstone through a mutual friend, and it must have been meant to be because we have stayed friends ever since!

So, without further ado.... the fabulous Elise. :)


Oh, hey! I'm Elise from Elise's Pieces and I'm super excited to be Andrea's guest today. Andrea is seriously one of my favorite people in this world and I'm so glad blogging has given us such a great chance to bond and become better friends! 


1. Tell us 3 things that are a "must know" about the fabulous Miss Elise!
Well, I'm super in love with photography and design. I have my own company: Elise Creates.
I also really love to sing, but I don't sing in the shower.
I worked at summer camp for 5 summers and I would rather sit around a campfire and sing songs than do most anything else.

2. How did you get started into blogging?
I started blogging when I was in Jr. High. I went through a couple livejournal blogs. All I did was those silly email surveys (who was the last person you texted, if you were stranded on an island who would you want to be with you, etc.) I kept that up through high school and slowly my blogging evolved more into journal-style blogging.

3. You are co-founder of The Slash Blog, what inspired you to start that blog? And what can we expect next over there?
Well, my best friend Nichelle and I bonded through blogging and started realizing how many incredible, inspiring women we've met through blogging and we wanted a place to focus on that and hopefully create more opportunities. 
As for what's next? We've got some big plans for more Slash Bash meet ups in the future, we're partnering up with some super cool people for upcoming Slash Challenges, and I think the holiday season will be a really big time for our monthly Slash Service.

4. Favorite DIY project you've completed?
My roommates and I just turned our kitchen table into a chalkboard table. It's pretty awesome.

And now just some random questions :)

5. pens vs. pencils?
Usually pens, but I do go through stages where I love pencils more.

6. beach vs. mountains?
Mountains! 

7. morning person vs. night owl?
I have always been such a night owl, but since I graduated college and got a big girl job, I'm starting to appreciate  early nights and early mornings more.

Thanks for letting me visit today! My favorite thing about blogging is meeting new people, so I'd love it if you stopped by my blog! (And be sure to leave me a note so I know to go check out your blog too!)



Thanks Elise! And don't forget to check out the giveaway -- it ends tomorrow at midnight! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

nice blog!!!:):) i'm following you, visit my blog if you want :)
Anordinarylifestylebook.blogspot.com

Corey Wilkey said...

She's adorbs! ;) totally going to check out her blog!