Thursday, March 22, 2012

...



i parked my car and started my hike up the hill to the health building on campus. my eardrums soak up the melodious tune from my ear buds. the sunshine and fresh air caress my bare arms. i pass a playground of small children. their own tune of laughter orchestrating. i turn my iPod down so i can hear the "Children's Play" more clear.

i watched those children as their imaginations take them far away from that playground.
their innocence is so precious.
those children are blissfully unaware of the hustle and bustle of adult students and the preoccupied planning of professors. sometimes as children and young adults we want to grow up too fast. we want to explore our own capabilities of responsibility, make our own decisions, be our own indepent self from our guardians. how precious those young, playful, creative years are in our lives.

one day i will have children and will foster that creativity they inately possess.
one day we will have tea parties, play soldier and have imaginary friends over for dinner.

then one day they will grow up.
and those precious moments will be memories.

1 comment:

Brian and Kim said...

Thank you for this post! I read it last night before I went to bed and I felt renewed as a person. Then I read someone else's post and I felt awful because I just don't measure up. I had to come back and read your post hoping to have the same feeling I did last night. Thank you for such a beautiful post. My day will be amazing and I hope yours is too!