Friday, July 1, 2011

Breakdown

The other night I had one.
I am so overwhelmed with this math class.
Holy smokes -- it's unreal.
I was trying to do some during the day.
Not working out.
So I would get up, walk around, and come back.
Still not helping.
Later, I went to the "Solution Space" to get some help.
Did it help?
Not so much.

I was overwhelmed.
Overwhelmed to the point I was laughing.
Yes, laughing.
Once I got in my car I just started to cry.
I decided to go on a little drive.
I also decided that Arby's curly fries and Mt. Dew sounded good.
(Note to self: Do not be a compulsive eater. Do not. Do not. Do Not.)
However, I had collected myself.

I came home and my roommate Chandra was there.
Then it all came back.
I decided I needed a shower.

Showers are so therapeutic.
Not only do they get me clean,
but I feel refreshed.
I can almost literally feel the worries, stress, whatever, flowing down the drain.
Plus the fact that I am completely alone in my thoughts with no interruptions.
I just stood there and let the water rinse some stress off my body.

I didn't do one stinkin bit of math.
And honestly, I kinda don't really mind.
I have been so overwhelmed and on overload for that class,
I really just needed that "andrea time."
Although I am still worried about my class,
I am not so uptight as I have been for the past little while.

so, if you are feeling stressed,
go take a shower.
it really helps. :)

1 comment:

Ashley Ziegler said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who feels that way when it comes to math classes!! Gosh. I had an experience like this. It was horrible!!!