Friday, June 10, 2011

Overnighter with Aunt Andi and Chellese :)

Over Memorial Day weekend my niece Chellese was going to be up in Provo with her other side of the family for "Family History Week with Grandma Jill." It's actually a cute idea of her grandma's -- she takes all the grandkids and shows them where her and grandpa Dwayne met and lived at BYU, they get ice cream and go to really fun museums, etc. I picked her up from her aunt Evelyn's house Saturday night so we could spend some time together. :)

First on the agenda was shopping at Aeropostale! Chellese and I found some super cute deals and some way cute tops for her through the summer and into fall. On our way to the store, she says, "Aunt Andi, I have to tell you something and none of my other aunts know because you're the coolest but..." and she tells me about how she got to dance with the boy she has had a crush on all year for the end of the year performance or dance or something like that. She told me how she giggles when her bus drives past his house (haha! cute huh?) I asked her what she likes about him, and want to know what she said? "He's a cowboy :)" haha! I thought it was the cutest conversation. After shopping we stopped at Subzero ice cream and ran by my friend Jessie's house and visited with her and her brother for a bit. Chellese, Jess, Chellese and I had a fun time talking about music, movies and youtube video's. We then came back to my mom's house and watched Hitch and ate chips and salsa until 2 a.m.



Sunday Chellese and I went with Grandma Margaret to church. I went to young women's with Chellese and it was so interesting to be back in YW. It's been 3 years since I have been... it seems like so long ago...but doesn't at the same time. After church we had the Murphy's come over and we all had a Memorial Dinner together.

I am so grateful for the time I got to spend with Chellese. I know that she isn't always going to be my young little niece. Before I know it, she is going to be dating and all about friends, working, boys and having fun with life. I am so so so grateful that she wanted to spend time with me. I know that I am not the most fun aunt probably (actually that is a fact I'm most certain) but it still meant a lot to me and it was memories that I hope we can build upon. I love that girl, so so SO much! Thanks Chellese for spending time with me! I love you!

No comments: