Friday, June 24, 2011

Lineman's Rodeo

Not a football "lineman."
Power company "lineman."

I deal with linemen every working day.
I love them and they are a handful at the same time!
I wanted to go support them at their little rodeo.

You are an apprentice for 3 years before an official journeyman-lineman, and those that are an apprentice have to come to these rodeo shin-digs as part of their program.

I gained a greater appreciation for what these guys do for a living.

Miss Lisa the DJ. 
I knew her daughter from middle school & she works for the power company also.

The photo's in the auction.



Rescuing a 150 lb. dummy.
this actually happens. sometimes they have had to rescue a co-worker from a job.





1 comment:

emily said...

I think that's an unknown hero job. You never really think of the risks they face just to bring us power. Very awesome!!