Yeah, yeah.
I know.
I am late on a Mother's Day post.
BUT I have been spending a lot of time with the mom so...that's my justification. :)
After it was announced (finally), we were all being set apart for our new callings and this grand adventure.
I was looking around and saw everyone else there with the priesthood holder family members.. their dads. And I got really...I don't even know the word I would use.
"Bugged" maybe...
Then, as my eyes were wandering the room, my eyes landed on my sweetheart of a mom. I thought about how my mom is just as good a parent as if I had two. Better actually. She is incredible. I thought about how she is always supported me in every adventure and situation. She has listened to me and been my shoulder to cry on. She has been that much needed loving embrace. She has been the late night talks, the shopping buddy, and the best cooking teacher. She has been my constant.
My friend.
My mom.
She is anything and everything imaginable you would want in a parent. And she is just one parent. I thought about how nice it would be to have a priesthood holder of my own standing in the circle, but having my mom's support, to me, meant so much.
Here are some pictures taken within the last few years of mom and I that I love a lot:
we like to take lots of pictures and have silly faces.
we like to see movies in 3D (Avatar specifically.)
Use giftcards to Olive Garden.
Stay at Little America & eat at the cutest 50's burger bar in Rock Springs.
Go to concerts and sing along with Michael Buble.
Smell perfume. Especially if it is in Nice, France.
Eat gelato...in both Italy and France.
play with our food during dinner on cruise ships.
travel the world.
basically, we just like to be together.
***
Mom,
I love you more than words and actions could truly describe or portray. I have meant every word I have said. You are my constant. You have taught me how to love, how to be gracious. You have taught me compassion, right from wrong; you have shown independence through example. You have shared your cooking talents (which help me as a poor college kid.) I am grateful for our trusting relationship. It has always been the two of us, "Margaret & Andrea," a duo/duet. And I like it that way. I always look forward to the many memories we get to create in this life. You are the greatest example to me, and I love you very much.
Love,
Annie









No comments:
Post a Comment