One of our neighbors in my mom's neighborhood has been serving in Afghanistan the past year with the army. He came home once on leave around the holiday's. I honestly cannot even imagine how difficult that would be to send a family member out.
A dad, brother, son, spouse.
I really love, admire, appreciate, and am grateful for those who go serve our country and protect us. I cannot even adequately express my gratitude.
Our neighbor is Lt. Guierman, Jimmy to us :), came home a couple weekends ago. His wife was interviewed by the Channel 4 news at the airport. There was a bunch of our neighborhood there to support him and welcome back in front of their home. Channel 2 came to our neighborhood to get some more footage and our neighbor, Anna, was interviewed by the camera guy.
This first picture is not the best quality because I zoomed in as far as I could, and because it is on my phone. But it is a picture of him with one of his daughters holding hands and walking down to another neighbor that has a marine son currently serving.
Jimmy is such a great person. He is always looking after someone and making sure people are doing well. He is also the epitome of "humble." One of the comments he kept saying is, "They (his family) did the hard stuff by waiting -- I just went over and did my job." Since he was also the lieutenant in charge of his group, he was the last one off the plane. His response, "It was my job to make sure that my men got home safe. So...I was doing just that."


No comments:
Post a Comment