Tuesday, June 15, 2010

* ice cream *

When I was about 13 or 14, my mom and I were having "one of those talks." My mom would always wonder if when I would go out with friends, if I would have my first kiss that night. Now, at that age, telling your mom, "I had my first kiss mom! Let's talk about it!"....isn't really what goes through your mind. (It's more like, "Oh my gosh (insert BFF's name here)!!! I was kissed by that super cute boy from English! Ah it was so cool! But I can't let my mom find out...I don't want to get in trouble!"...yeah..sound familiar?) Mom told me about when she was in college, her and her roommates had this deal, this pact, that when one of them would get kissed on their date, they would all have *ice cream* and talk about it. I told my mom that that is what I would tell her when I got my first kiss, that I would "owe her *ice cream*" and then it wouldn't be as awkward. (The other part of our pact was that if I made it to 16 without being kissed, I would get a piece of jewelry of my choice, 17, another piece, and so on. She didn't think I would do it. And I am proud to say I was almost 17 before our ice cream run!) Ever since then, it has become a custom with my close friends!

Keely has been the most recent that has owed my *ice cream.* We got together for breakfast at IHOP & got some chocolate ice cream. (yes..at 10:30 in the morning. :) )






After a couple hours at work, I left to head to my nephew's graduation with my mom. It was so fun to see family & to watch mr. CJers graduate. :)






















and just because this little man is so cute...



i love being with family
i love eating lots of good food.
i love long drives
especially with:
mom
tunes
& food
(of course)

Congratulations Mr. CJ on your graduation!


1 comment:

Jeff and McKenna said...

ha ha that is such a cute idea! i wanna do that with my daughters (when i have some of my own someday) :)