Tuesday, May 18, 2010

magazines

I was thinking today about magazine covers.
No offense, but they are always the same pictures.
Women:
hair - slightly curled, loose, flow-y
make up - generally light and fresh
body - most of the time you see some cleavage and some shoulder.
am i right?

so I decided, if I was famous (ha) 
and was asked to be on the cover of a magazine
I would.
but only if they would allow my cover to be different.

My hair down straight and slightly curled under
(like I do every day)
Make up would be the usual.
(nothing fancy dancy)
A simple t-shirt with a long necklace and tasteful earrings.
(my standard Friday outfit)
And I would either want the cover picture to be one of 2 things:

1- straight on head shot of me with a lilac background
and by "head shot" I would want a cheesy facial expression.
something like so ---->

2- OR I would want a silhouette from my upper torso and up.
I would want the silhouette to be as black as possible, with the back light to be...purple
(shocker right?)
kinda sorta like one of the i-tunes characters.

Im not one of those people that likes to purposefully stand out, 
but I am really done with seeing the same covers on magazines for women.
let's mix it up a bit shall we??

p.s. still workin on the cruise pics.
not to worry darlin' :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your phone cover is so cute and I am so jealous! Where did you get it?

andrea said...

thanks elisey-pants! it is not like me to really purchase accessories for something like a phone but i am very glad i bought that phone cover! i love it! :) i got it at one of those kiosk's at the mall. south towne mall i belive it was.. :)